iPhone IOS 6 Battery Drainage

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iPhoneFanBoy33, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iPhoneFanBoy33 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. New to this forum, but not to this site. I have a couple of questions. I updated my iphone 4 like many of you guys on Wednesday night. Love the update. But since then, my battery does not charge past 68% and if it's not on the charger, the battery drains inredibly fast! Anyone else have/had issues with this update or past updates? I really hope that its just the software and that i just need to do a restore. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated!

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I would allow it to drain down to 15-20% then turn the phone off completely for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and allow it to charge up fully. Hopefully that will fix your problem, as it seems to have helped me in the past with charging issues.

3. drobone macrumors newbie

drobone

There is a long discussion on Apple's support page but still nothing has worked that I have found. The battery strength drops about 1% every 2-5 min while looking at it.:eek:

4. iPhoneFanBoy33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drobone,

So this is a global issue? Not just me? Can you copy the address so i can go to it?

5. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

I can tell the battery portion of my phone get's really hot and my battery lasts for a day or two now.

Huge hit on battery performance

6. tyche macrumors 6502

Someone in another thread said to turn off icloud and note sync. Could try that.

7. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

Tap the home button twice you will see apps at the bottom then tap down to first app till it jiggle u will see - in a red circle now tap the red circle that will end task for apps running in the background .

8. iPhoneFanBoy33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tito, i already know of that. That was never a issue. Are you saying this will fix my problem? Anyone else know what i can adjust or turn off?

9. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

Helps save battery performance was a try though.

10. iPhoneFanBoy33 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. btb10480 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, new guy here. I've had the same battery drainage problem that a lot of people have been experiencing.I updated my 4s to ios6, and immediately started losing power. My solution which seems to be working( no unusual battery drainage) was to turn off Siri, that's it!! As far as my usage of Siri is concerned, it's just a useless fad anyway.

12. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

Turning Screen brightness down to about 25% (from about 50%) worked wonders for me.

Screen a little bit dull, but huge difference in battery life on 4S with iOS6.
    Phone usable again.
    Hope this is addressed in the update.

See if that helps.

Siri is still on.