iPad iOS 6 Beta 4 and Photoshop Express

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by emdubb, Aug 7, 2012.

1. emdubb macrumors newbie

Hey all, searched around but didn't find anything so I'm posting a new thread.

Am I the only one noticing that Photoshop Express crashes if you pull up ANY of the effects? I paid for the Effects Package and when I click on Effects it quits out to the home screen. This has happened on both Betas 3 and 4, I really hope it gets resolved before the GM. I know - beta - I know. But still, I'd like to be able to use my iPad for one of the biggest things I got it for - on the go photo editing and sharing.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

This is a situation of the API changing, which is exactly what the beta is for. There is a lot of talk on this forum about "Don't you know it's a beta for a reason" that is totally bogus, but this isn't one of them. You can't possibly expect that the Adobe people could anticipate how the API would change.

3. jackal123uk macrumors member

Wow, I'm really surprised there aren't more damning replies...

In addition to what's been said above, I wouldn't bank on it being fixed by GM release - it's not for Apple to fix any iOS 6 non-conformities it's down to the developers, in this case Adobe.

Depending on what's broken, Adobe could rework their code to remove the reliance on a certain API which is obviously changing in iOS 6 (if possible), making the app future proof and release the update straight away.

More likely they will submit an update tailored for iOS 6 and schedule the release in line with the public release of iOS 6.