Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emdubb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Hey all, searched around but didn't find anything so I'm posting a new thread.

Am I the only one noticing that Photoshop Express crashes if you pull up ANY of the effects? I paid for the Effects Package and when I click on Effects it quits out to the home screen. This has happened on both Betas 3 and 4, I really hope it gets resolved before the GM. I know - beta - I know. But still, I'd like to be able to use my iPad for one of the biggest things I got it for - on the go photo editing and sharing.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
This is a situation of the API changing, which is exactly what the beta is for. There is a lot of talk on this forum about "Don't you know it's a beta for a reason" that is totally bogus, but this isn't one of them. You can't possibly expect that the Adobe people could anticipate how the API would change.

jackal123uk

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2007
England
Wow, I'm really surprised there aren't more damning replies...

In addition to what's been said above, I wouldn't bank on it being fixed by GM release - it's not for Apple to fix any iOS 6 non-conformities it's down to the developers, in this case Adobe.

Depending on what's broken, Adobe could rework their code to remove the reliance on a certain API which is obviously changing in iOS 6 (if possible), making the app future proof and release the update straight away.

More likely they will submit an update tailored for iOS 6 and schedule the release in line with the public release of iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.