iPhone iOS 6 beta 4 Gmail...

Chancely.S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
806, Texas
Is anyone else having this problem, I just changed my gmail password and when I went to change it in my iPhone it tells me password/username is wrong. I tried deleting the account, restarting the phone, and it still tells me its wrong. Anyone else having this issue? or know a fix for it?

Thanks!!

-Chancely

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Is anyone else having this problem, I just changed my gmail password and when I went to change it in my iPhone it tells me password/username is wrong. I tried deleting the account, restarting the phone, and it still tells me its wrong. Anyone else having this issue? or know a fix for it?

Thanks!!

-Chancely
Are you using just the iPhone's "Gmail" button or are you using it via Exchange (Google Sync)?

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I use Exchange Sync for Contacts/Calendar.
I use IMAP for GMail.

I have no issues on either iPhone or iPad. Maybe you really have the wrong password?

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010

Thanks!!

-Chancely
Did you turn on two-steps verification? In that case you need to log into your google account on the browser to generate a one-time use password to log into your Gmail account on the iPhone.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I already had my Gmail account setup on my iPhone's mail before installing iOS6b4 (coming from iOS 5). I didn't need to input my login info. No troubles here.

Chancely.S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
806, Texas
Did you turn on two-steps verification? In that case you need to log into your google account on the browser to generate a one-time use password to log into your Gmail account on the iPhone.
Thank you soo much! I just started using Gmail full time, and had no idea that the two-step would need to be used on my iPhone. Thanks a bunch!

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Thank you soo much! I just started using Gmail full time, and had no idea that the two-step would need to be used on my iPhone. Thanks a bunch!
No problem... You'll get used to it. Most non-browser based apps would have this inconvenience when logging into Google accounts if the account has two-step verification enabled.