iOS 6 Beta 4 problem

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by timmyzaid, Sep 9, 2012.

1. timmyzaid macrumors newbie

My 2 year old iPhone 4 stopped working on Friday. I had been patiently waiting for Wednesday's announcement so that I could get the newer phone. This morning I decided I'd go ahead and get a 4s and then return it when the 5 comes out. That being said, I had forgotten that I needed to add the new phone to my developer profile before installing the iOS beta on it. I went ahead and installed the software, but then realized not only had I forgotten to add it, but that my account had lapsed. I went ahead and re-subscribed to the program, but it could be up to 24 hours before I can get access to the account. Can anyone help me out here with either adding my phone temporarily to their account or let me know how I can uninstall the beta software until I can add the device to my own account? I would be forever in your debt... Thanks.

2. morty192 macrumors regular

not a developer myself but i believe a simple restore in iTunes (Don't hold down the shift or alt key just click the restore button) would do the trick :)

3. timmyzaid thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately you can't do that with iTunes, but I think I can using organizer in Xcode... Downloading iOS 5 right now to try that, but if it doesn't work I'm up a creek. Thanks for the reply though.

4. timmyzaid thread starter macrumors newbie

That didn't work... It extracts the software and then says that the device isn't eligible for that build. I can't do anything until I get iOS 6 access :(

5. Frankiehr macrumors newbie

There's sites that give you a developers certificates to try the betas and register your device