ios 6 Black screen, have to hard reboot!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mikejd1, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Just checking to see if anyone else has run into this, since upgrading, then doing a full restore and not restoring from back up, 5 times already ive turned the screen off, for me to attempt to get into the ohone, and the screen stays black, and i have to hard reboot!!

anyone else experiencing this??

2. dbanik macrumors newbie

I upgraded my 4S last night and had this problem in the morning. At first it looked like the battery was dead as the screen was black and none of the buttons would respond. But nothing after plugging it in too. Had to do a hard reboot by holding sleep/wake and home for 15 seconds.

3. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Pbear12 macrumors newbie

Same here, happened a few times already. Anyone having more info or luck in fixing this?

5. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Pbear12 macrumors newbie

7. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. However, I think it's only when used with an exchange server. I've feel I've narrowed it down to having mail turned on with my company work and a strong passcode.

I tested every way possible an only get the reboots and black screens when passcode love is enabled an my corporate mail is turned on

8. Pbear12 macrumors newbie

Wow, yes difficult one to narrow down, I also turned of restrictions to see if it will help. Thx Mike, pleas keep me updated if you find the direct gremlin for this #

9. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm wondering if others are seeing this issue too.

10. Pbear12 macrumors newbie

Dammmm I hope so lol, would love to see this solved. Just glad I saw ur post