iPhone iOS 6 Chrome Issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cnguyen0320, Mar 4, 2013.

1. cnguyen0320 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 5 on jailbroken on iOS 6.0.1 and i just updated chrome. It keeps crashing on me. It doesn't even work in safemode I don't have a backup saved anywhere so i can't get it back. Anyone else getting this issue?

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/04/chrome-ios-25-0-1364-86/

Read comments

3. cnguyen0320 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Sorry! Blake google.

5. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I figured out that they havent updated the app in the search yet so I was able to go back to the working version. Im on 6.1.2 and it crashed for me.

6. hgrimberg macrumors 6502a

hgrimberg

7. SolidBill, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

SolidBill macrumors newbie

This is a known issue. If you haven't updated Chrome yet, go into Chrome settings -> Privacy -> Send Usage Data to Always. Then update, Chrome will no longer crash.

OR if you've already updated, you can try to race into settings and change this setting before it crashes. If you use Accelerate/FakeClockUp you can try turning the speed up to try to get into the settings faster. If you're unable to get into settings fast enough, uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. When you're setting it up, be sure to check the box for "Send Anonymous Usage Data".

This solution was posted on /r/Jailbreak. Hope this helps!

8. deepdvd macrumors newbie

You actually must leave Send Usage Data on, or as soon as you close the Chrome process, it will start crashing again. So it must be checking on start-up.

9. SolidBill macrumors newbie

Oh, wow, could have sworn I had closed Chrome and re-opened it numerous times today. But I just closed and re-opened, and sure enough crashed!

Editing that post real quick. Hmph.

10. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Thank you! You guys just save me from restoring my phone.. I checked google but all the results were too old. Thanks again!

11. TaylorMatsu macrumors member

The send usage data option worked for me. It was slightly challenging to click it before it crashed though :p

12. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

Is this only happening on jailbroken devices?

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

14. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Chrome kept crashing on my as well. I found that my issue was caused by Chrome Download Mananger. I uninstalled it and now Chrome works fine. So if you have that tweak installed you can uninstall/disable it and it should work fine.

15. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

This package was just updated. Perhaps it now works correctly? I don't use it so I can't confirm. Just wanted to point this out in case it does work now and to prevent people for removing it unnecessarily. Personally I just use the dolphin browser and its built-in download feature as opposed to installing an extra tweak.

16. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Yep, the update to Chrome Download Manager fixed the problem. My crashing issue is gone now.

17. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

Just curious if Dolphin has the ability to sync my bookmarks from Chrome through my computer etc.? If not then I have to stick with Chrome. I would miss that feature too much.

18. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

Ok I just installed the xCon beta 12 and it fixed the Chrome crash problem. Does that mean that Google was trying to block Jailbreaking? It doesn't make sense that they would do that.

19. BumpyFlatline, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes. There's a lightweight dolphin extension for your chrome desktop browser. Install it, then log in to the extension on your chrome browser and then log in on the dolphin app on your iOS device. You can either create an account with dolphin or use various other services. Personally, I just use my google account to log in.

Once you're logged in, then you can sync everything you want. Just flip the on and off toggles in the dolphin browser's settings on your iOS device to enable/disable the stuff you want synced. You can sync bookmarks, history, passwords, etc. I use it frequently. I love it. You can also push open tabs to your dolphin browser on your iOS device too if you want or just access them from the cloud on demand.

Edit: Just so you know, it works both ways. You can access the iOS device's open tabs from your chrome desktop browser too.

20. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

21. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You're welcome.

22. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

It seems Google has updated Chrome fixing the issue crashing jailbroken iOS devices.