Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capric0rn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
That one has been posted already.

Also, the one with the dark bottom isn't the original one. The one that warme-karnemelk posted is like the original one though it's not the right size

I have recreated the original one using the iPad version of the new wallpaper. It's not EXACTLY the same because they didn't just resize and crop the original for the iPhone.

Water%20Rimples.png

Capric0rn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
That is the real deal mate. They extracted it from iOS 6 that they've installed.

The reason why it looks like crap is because that's what Apple has actually put into iOS 6 as the new wallpaper. I've seen some people complain about the quality of the actual wallpaper in iOS 6 on Twitter.

The person who extracted it from iOS 6 he had installed on his iPad also extracted it from the version he has installed on his iPhone:

Link to said wallpaper

MikeBRich

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
CA
That one has been posted already.

Also, the one with the dark bottom isn't the original one. The one that warme-karnemelk posted is like the original one though it's not the right size

I have recreated the original one using the iPad version of the new wallpaper. It's not EXACTLY the same because they didn't just resize and crop the original for the iPhone.

Thanks a lot, that one looks just great on my iPhone and the phone feels much more like iOS 6 while still on 5.1.1 lol

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Is the default wallpaper still low-res in Beta 2 of iOS 6? It's kind of crazy for apple to release it in non-retina quality :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.