iOS 6 destroyed my battery!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by KAB2010, Sep 20, 2012.

1. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 4, and would always get all day battery life. Now it is draining 10% every 10 minutes that I use it, and it's even draining rapidly on standby. I see that my bookmarks keep trying to sync, more specifically my reading list items. And I also can't add to my reading list. I tried rebooting the phone and it won't stop attempting to sync, even turned iCloud off. Any solutions???

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Delete your reading list items from your Mac. Something must be corrupted.

3. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

You should check to make sure iTunes Match is off. I had the same problem and I found that iTunes Match was on and it was draining my battery like mad crazy. This most likely is not the case with you but every little bit helps right? :)

4. KAB2010 thread starter macrumors 6502

I use a PC... and how do I turn iTunes match off? I've never fooled with that before.

EDIT: iTunes match is already off. Idk why my reading list is doing this when this is my only Apple device anyway.

5. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

It's mostly likely not the case with your phone, I just noticed on my phone that when I did a restore iTunes Match was on which is weird cause I don't have iTunes Match yet. It's in the settings on your phone.

6. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

7. KAB2010 thread starter macrumors 6502

iTunes Match is already off. I even just deleted my iCloud account. I have no clue how to stop this reading list sync.

----------

No, I upgraded using my pc with the phone plugged into it.