iOS 6 Double App Glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by enomi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. enomi macrumors newbie

Just downloaded the Live Nation App and got two copies! Has anyone experienced this before? First app I moved to a folder, then I noticed the same app downloading again,but this time outside the folder...

Attached Files:

2. enomi thread starter macrumors newbie

Second picture

Attached Files:

3. IvanJIRwins macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, it never happened before I upgraded to ios6 so I'm guessing its just a bug until they fix it in the next update. it doesn't seem to cause any major problem for me except taking up an app space but simply doing a restart on my phone seems to make the second copy go away and the first copy works properly. Hope that helps I haven't found a way to stop it permanently and for some people who think they don't have it the second copy of an app that's stuck on installing sometimes makes an extra page on your phone so if you scroll past your regular amount of pages you might find you have an extra page.

4. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

Yes, that's not an iOS6 thing - I've seen it occasionally in iOS5. Not sure what causes it, but I've been able to delete the second copy with no ill effects.

5. hardz10 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue since installing IOS 6, in fact, I have two traffic apps I was testing. The only way I can get rid of it is to restart my phone.

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I had this downloading iMovie after getting my 5. The 2nd copy wouldn't finish installing and after a reboot it disappeared.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5