iOS 6 Downloaded OTA.....apps missing?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by nycApple123, Sep 19, 2012.

1. nycApple123, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

nycApple123 macrumors newbie

I've downloaded iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. ALL of the apps that were kept on my 2nd home screen have disappeared. All of the apps on the first screen are completely in order as they were before the update. I know I can go into the App Store and select apps "not on this iPhone," but seems odd, no? This happen to anyone else?

ACTUALLY - this is even weirder....there ON the phone (the App Store prompts me to open said apps), but they aren't visible on the home screen!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Nope.

I did the usual back up to both my mac and iCloud but after updating to ios6 all my info and apps were present on my 4s !

3. braindead5400 macrumors regular

I feel like I have a single app missing because Passbook was added but I the same number of icons appear on each page. I can't for the life of me figure out the one icon that is missing.

4. R4z3r, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

R4z3r macrumors member

The YouTube app was removed from iOS6. This is no longer a standard application and the replacement can be downloaded from the app store at the following URL:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8

5. braindead5400 macrumors regular

6. sunnyfunnyface macrumors newbie

Apps on 2nd Screen Also have Disappeared

I also have lost all my apps on my second home screen, yet they appear in the purchases section. I was going to reinstall all of them, but there is no option for that. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

7. mds macrumors 6502

I upgraded and all my apps are gone. Is there an easy way to fix this or do I have to reinstall everything one at a time? Pretty freakin' annoying.

8. mds macrumors 6502

Ok, I guess I'm an idiot. My apps are there, they are just a page over. Weird!

9. ecerduransezgin macrumors newbie

You're not alone there! But are we sure that they were all there since the beginning? I've rebooted my phone for like a thousand times and I wanna believe that they came back after all the efforts I made :)

10. irishlefty macrumors newbie

same problem

I have the exact same problem.

----------

Make that two idiots. Thanks

11. DefBref macrumors 6502

I had the same, it appears to have been caused by the addition of Passbook to the inbuilt apps. Apple wants all its in built apps on the first page, but I had already added apps to my first page so it was full. This caused Passbook to be put on the second page all on its own, forcing the other pages over.

Took me five minutes of reboots and fiddling before I realised, I needed to swipe more!! Moved passbook to a spare place on my other pages and everything back to normal.

12. nycApple123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally figured it out too! Sheesh. Seems like the little dots at the bottom of the screen are harder to see in OS 6.

13. sunnyfunnyface macrumors newbie

LOL that's exactly what happened to mine too. Don't I feel sheepish...