iPhone iOS 6 evaisi0n JB Apps using Maps/Location Crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zmulleni, Feb 8, 2013.

1. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Currently running iOS 6.1 evaisi0n JB on iP5 and I have been having issues with applications that access Maps or Location features. Anytime that the application goes to access these features it will cause the app to crash, close, and I am taken back to my home screen. I was wondering if there are others experiencing the same issue or if anyone has found a possible solution? I have all updates installed via App Store/Cydia and location services are turned on. The irony is that both native Maps app and Google Maps app work flawlessly. I have tried respring, reboot, and shutting off the device and restarting.

Here is a list of known apps experiencing this issue:

Gas Buddy
    The Weather Channel (when Map is selected)
    NOAA Hi-Def Radar
    Find my iPhone
    Apple Store

Any help or insight on this is appreciated. Thank you!

2. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

Resolved - After hours of eliminating possibilities I discovered that the font that I was using through BytaFont was causing the apps to crash. Restored to original font through BtaFont and problem solved.

Font being used in this case way Neutraface 2

3. leocreo, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

leocreo macrumors newbie

Having this same issue. Gonna try to restore the original font and see what happens.

Edit: still facing same issue. Mainly in Sigalert app.

4. leocreo macrumors newbie

Not certain how long the problem has been present but I know when it requests location and crashes it asks for it twice. Meaning the bubble pops up once, I click 'allow' and it pops up again. Then after clicking allow for a second time the app crashes back to the home screen. When an app is unaffected the request bubble only appears once.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try deselcting all your JB tweaks/apps with either SBsettings or iCleaner Pro and enabling them 1by1 or in batches, it's probably a tweak causing the problem

6. leocreo macrumors newbie

Thanks for the great suggestion. Gonna try that now.

7. leocreo macrumors newbie

Tried the sbsettings method and immediately after going through the tweaks it seemed like I still had some crashing but since then I've gone about five days without any issues! So thanks again!