IOS 6 experience on 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by abz1981, Oct 5, 2012.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

HI all

Just wondering what's everyone's experience has been like for ios6 on the iphone 4s. I have noticed when I get a sms, I get the indication (red mark) that an sms has arrived. A few seconds later, the sms shows as a notification at the top.

Before I am sure, the notification was immediate. I do feel sometimes, when I am typing a sms, or going to select a sms, it does not work on the first tap. I am having to tap it a few times. This does not happen all the time, however its something I never had before.

I have also noticed some app's that I have downloaded, seem to not be responsive anymore, and may take a few mins. I have only done a soft reboot so far (holding power button and home button together and letting go with apple logo).

I am sorry if this has been asked or mentioned before. However I am now getting a feeling maybe IOS 6 isn't fully made for Iphone 4s and is fault free with Iphone 5?

Oh and also I thought with IOS 6, if your going away from wifi range it automatically uses 3G if your downloading something? I don't see this option.

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I've noticed zero performance hits on my 4S compared to 5.1.1, and the only time I see notifications come in after hearing the tone is when an iMessage is sent to my iPad which makes the familiar text tone, and my 4S then gets the message pushed seconds later.

Regarding the WiFi + Cellular option for downloading, it was an option which appeared in one of the later betas and was removed from the final release. No idea why, obviously Apple didn't want to burden users with further potential for using more data than they knew they were using.

Also, I fully restored to 6.0. I know some claim doing the update OTA is one and the same, but something doesn't sit right with me when it comes to adding new features on top of an old, outgoing operating system that's been accumulating usage for weeks/months.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I have noticed this.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Why are people complaining at this?

The banner at the top is only useful when you are IN an app, to let you know that you have a message when you are AWAY from the home screen. It seems mundane to speak of any kind of small delay when you're talking about seeing the "1" notification on the Messages app icon and then the notification banner come down.

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Oh, you misunderstand me. I said I noticed it, I was not complaining. I notice the delay, it sticks out. No complaint just a observation.

6. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

battery life not as good on ios 6 vs. 5.1.1
    We need 6.0.1

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Yeah, it's kind of "normal" considering you're seeing both notifications in the one place. Normally you see the banner during normal app usage, so that you know there's a message waiting. When you're on the home screen you're obviously going to notice both come through. In normal use, away from the home screen, you'd only see the banner at the top and the "1" would be on the home screen/app icon when you returned there.

8. mostlynameless macrumors member

My biggest gripe with IOS 6 on the 4S is the problems with Bluetooth audio. I can't put into words how much it irritates me to have my music cutting in and out.

If there was a way to downgrade to 5.1.1, I would do it for that alone.

I also think my battery is going down faster. It's not a lot faster, but I do think it is faster.