iOS 6 Facetime over LTE on iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by JS82712, Sep 17, 2012.

1. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

I was wondering, since At&T require iphone users to go on a 'mobile share' plans in order to have facetime over cellular; can any US At&T customers here with a new iPad tell me how this whole thing will work with at&T with regards to facetime over cellular?

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

You purchase a data plan based on what you have historically or think you will use. Since FaceTime over cellular is "data" it will eat into that allotment. I just switched my plan to the shared plan as my most of my usage occurs in wifi areas...will simply track my usage closely so I can change the plan before any overage charges occur. It's a good idea when there are multiple users on a single account. Switching this month already saved me $20 a month versus the lowest cost family plan.

But unlimited voice and texting on the share plan is key with the wife and kids...data is secondary due to wifi being available for us usually everywhere we usually use it.

3. JS82712 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JS82712

but will the existing data plans for ipad advertised on at&t's website allow facetime over cellular?