iOS 6 felt like Android on a 4S

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I already reverted back to 5.1.1 on my primary device. I think it's def good for a Beta but I don't understand how anyone can enjoy having this on their primary device for day to day use.

Thoughts?

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I already reverted back to 5.1.1 on my primary device. I think it's def good for a Beta but I don't understand how anyone can enjoy having this on their primary device for day to day use.

Thoughts?
You're using a beta. I don't understand why you're expecting it to run super great.

UNLESS you're referring to things other than bugs, such as changes to iOS. And if that's the case, I wonder: what's making it so bad? I don't see how the new features would make iOS worse (except for maybe Apple's new maps' quality)

So how is this beta "like Android"?

Comment

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
You're using a beta. I don't understand why you're expecting it to run super great.

UNLESS you're referring to things other than bugs, such as changes to iOS. And if that's the case, I wonder: what's making it so bad? I don't see how the new features would make iOS worse (except for maybe Apple's new maps' quality)
Missing my point. I never expected it to run great. I'm just shocked by the amount of people who are OK with this on their day to day device. It would drive me nuts in terms of the lagginess even on the most current hardware (iPad 3 and 4s)

Comment

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
I run it on my day to day device, and even used it for a few conference calls. It works fine for me. And I don't experience hardly any lag on my 4S and iPad 3 with iOS 6 Beta 1.

Comment

Brenz

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Im using it on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 and apart from the messages app running slow on my iPhone I noticed it running any slower than normal.

Comment

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Missing my point. I never expected it to run great. I'm just shocked by the amount of people who are OK with this on their day to day device. It would drive me nuts in terms of the lagginess even on the most current hardware (iPad 3 and 4s)
Not seeing any lag either on my 4S. It's actually faster in a lot of cases (Siri, Dictation, Safari). The only things that aren't 100% great yet are Maps, App/iTunes Stores, and the Music App because those are major rewrites. They still work a lot better than I expected for a first beta. To be honest, I really can't believe how well Navigation works. I've used it 4-5 times already around town and it hasn't crashed/glitched while navigating once (plus it's gorgeous!).

Comment

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I missed your point because you didn't state your point. Okay, I understand what you're saying now.

But there's a problem with your topic title. It seems like it'd be more appropriate to say "iOS 6 beta feels like Android" vs. iOS 6 feels like Android. See the difference? You're using beta software. The problems you're experiencing now (such as lag, apparently) may not reflect the finished iOS 6 product. We can't assume iOS 6 will always be like it is now, because we know that isn't true. It will change.

Comment

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I've heard just the opposite...smooth, virtually bug free, faster.

Comment

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
Now you're the one lying.
The iOS5 betas were a virtual rollercoaster of ups and downs.
Just go back and read all the threads.
Seeing as I used every single one and for me as they went on the lag diminished and the smoothness returned.

Comment

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Well, then you've been lied to. It's the first beta. It'll have issues. OS5 betas got MUCH better as they went on
Well aren't you flat out wrong. iOS 5 beta's were good, bad, good, better, bad, etc. It was a roller coaster like someone mentioned above. It for sure DID NOT get progressively better as the betas went on. And iOS 6 is starting out surprisingly good and bug free (from what I've heard-I am not using it). But I have also seen a few threads with some problems as well. But overall I here it's very smooth and fast without many bugs.

Comment

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
If you say so. People are also reporting issues others don't have so I guess it's not the same for everyone huh?

Comment

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I have to admit, iOS 6 beta 1 is a little smoother in terms of the UI kit than iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4. Stock apps seem to open that little bit faster too, and the battery life is noticeably better.

If this is Beta 1, then I look forward to the subsequent betas and final product.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.