iOS 6 felt like Android on a 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by yodayoda, Jun 13, 2012.

1. yodayoda macrumors regular

I already reverted back to 5.1.1 on my primary device. I think it's def good for a Beta but I don't understand how anyone can enjoy having this on their primary device for day to day use.

Thoughts?

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

You're using a beta. I don't understand why you're expecting it to run super great.

UNLESS you're referring to things other than bugs, such as changes to iOS. And if that's the case, I wonder: what's making it so bad? I don't see how the new features would make iOS worse (except for maybe Apple's new maps' quality)

So how is this beta "like Android"?

3. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

Missing my point. I never expected it to run great. I'm just shocked by the amount of people who are OK with this on their day to day device. It would drive me nuts in terms of the lagginess even on the most current hardware (iPad 3 and 4s)

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

I run it on my day to day device, and even used it for a few conference calls. It works fine for me. And I don't experience hardly any lag on my 4S and iPad 3 with iOS 6 Beta 1.

5. Brenz macrumors member

Im using it on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 and apart from the messages app running slow on my iPhone I noticed it running any slower than normal.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not seeing any lag either on my 4S. It's actually faster in a lot of cases (Siri, Dictation, Safari). The only things that aren't 100% great yet are Maps, App/iTunes Stores, and the Music App because those are major rewrites. They still work a lot better than I expected for a first beta. To be honest, I really can't believe how well Navigation works. I've used it 4-5 times already around town and it hasn't crashed/glitched while navigating once (plus it's gorgeous!).

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I missed your point because you didn't state your point. Okay, I understand what you're saying now.

But there's a problem with your topic title. It seems like it'd be more appropriate to say "iOS 6 beta feels like Android" vs. iOS 6 feels like Android. See the difference? You're using beta software. The problems you're experiencing now (such as lag, apparently) may not reflect the finished iOS 6 product. We can't assume iOS 6 will always be like it is now, because we know that isn't true. It will change.

8. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

+1 What in the world does this have to do with Android???

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I've heard just the opposite...smooth, virtually bug free, faster.

10. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

Well, then you've been lied to. It's the first beta. It'll have issues. OS5 betas got MUCH better as they went on

11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Now you're the one lying.
    The iOS5 betas were a virtual rollercoaster of ups and downs.
    Just go back and read all the threads.

12. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

Seeing as I used every single one and for me as they went on the lag diminished and the smoothness returned.

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Well aren't you flat out wrong. iOS 5 beta's were good, bad, good, better, bad, etc. It was a roller coaster like someone mentioned above. It for sure DID NOT get progressively better as the betas went on. And iOS 6 is starting out surprisingly good and bug free (from what I've heard-I am not using it). But I have also seen a few threads with some problems as well. But overall I here it's very smooth and fast without many bugs.

14. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

If you say so. People are also reporting issues others don't have so I guess it's not the same for everyone huh?

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I have to admit, iOS 6 beta 1 is a little smoother in terms of the UI kit than iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4. Stock apps seem to open that little bit faster too, and the battery life is noticeably better.

If this is Beta 1, then I look forward to the subsequent betas and final product.