iOS 6 fixes yellow screen?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cababah, Sep 20, 2012.

1. cababah macrumors 68000

My iPhone 4S has always had more of a yellow tint and now that I updated, it seems to have gotten more neutral in color.

Has anyone else (with yellow screens) noticed a difference in color calibration after upgrading to iOS 6?

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

As much as it seems to make no sense that the screen would get cooler after a software update... I have to agree with you and say that yes, my 4S seems more blue.

My screen wasn't horribly yellow before, but I do recall it having a subtle yellow, warmer hue.

Unless our eyes are just playing tricks on us.

3. zahi745 macrumors newbie

yeah, i've noticed the same thing. it looks bluer and the saturation is better, not washed out anymore. the yellow tinge annoyed the hell out of me. i think they just wanted to get a new phone out and the 4s wasn't as well built as the 4.

this could be an ios 6 fix or because apple change the grayish outline, to a blue outline (top and bottom bars in imessages, etc). this may be tricking the brain into thinking that everything is more neutral or better saturated and less yellow. i guess we need proof in order to make an actual decision b/c everyone perceives things differently.

but yeah, i've noticed the same thing.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well thank the lord im not going insane !

Ive mentioned on a few posts about my 4s no longer displaying the washed out baby blue hue.

My eyes got used to this and now I'm now having to adjust again.

Wonder if those with the baby blue hue have washed out colours now ;)

5. TJ5921 macrumors regular

The 4s isn't as well built as the 4? WTF are u talking about? It's the same damn thing except there's a better chip, improved camera, and new ambient light sensor position. Sounds like they built it better than the 4.

6. samanthas macrumors regular

I have the new iPad and noticed the colors seemed a tad different. Hmm. I wish I had taken a photo beforehand so I know for sure I'm not losing my mind.

7. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000

I see some truth to that. It seems that QC had dropped some with the 4S. There are a ton of manufacturing inconsistencies and if you read on the threads people have had to replace their phone several times before getting a good one where they usually have nothing but good things to say about the iPhone 4's build quality. I have never owned an iPhone 4 but I did have to replace my 4S a lot due to QC issues. It really seemed like a mixed bag on getting a good one or not.

8. zahi745 macrumors newbie

Based on your list, the 4s isn't the same as the 4. Plus, apple switched to a different manufacturer for the 4s display, again, making the phones very dissimilar. Poor display color/saturation means poor build quality. "WTF are YOU talking about?!"

9. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

Oh man, I made the huge mistake of replacing the first 4S I got because of the audio issues which turned out to be a software glitch. I'm on my 5th 4S and the issue just wont go away. Switched 1 and 2 cuz of audio (bad decision). Switch 3 had a really loose sim tray that vibrated like crazy. 4 was super, super yellow. Now 5th is still yellow but it has discolorations across the screen. What do I do??!

10. TJ5921 macrumors regular

Yeah it's an improved version of the 4. My display on my 4s is just as good as any 4 I've ever seen.

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My 4S display actually seems more vivid than my friends 4. Maybe because its newer, but definitely looks more vivid.

12. AL123 macrumors newbie

i just got an ipad 3. DY series. manufactured in june.
    - a yellow shade on the left side, bottom and lower and upper right side. more prominent on the keyboard. '123' and 'spacebar' look faded. it's not a complete yellow tint on the entire screen though.
    - yet to see an ipad 3 with perfect screen. what is the situation here? they all get it exchanged time and again, but to no avail.
    - they claim it gets 'perfect' after a week/month usage. no documented proof available. tear down showed it's not the same iphone 4s glue issue.
    - ipad 2 has a whiter/brighter and more vivid screen. at full brightness, ipad 3 fails to impress me. for this price tag, the compromise isn't worth it.

will it get 100% fine with time?
    is iOS6 an improvement as far as screen is concerned?
    shall i wait for ipad mini?

13. zahi745 macrumors newbie

That's odd because every 4s has the same manufacturer display. Based on that logic, each 4s screen has a yellowish hue to it. Your observational skills are crap, unless you get off on yellow hued screens. Your troll buddies are on YouTube. Stay over there.

14. TJ5921 macrumors regular

My screen has never been yellow along with the majority of others who have a 4s. Grow up or GTFO.

15. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Are you guys running IOS 6 GM release or the OTA/Official release?

16. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000