Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
Has anyone else ran into some issues with the ios 6 GM release?

1. Whne i go to my notificaiton center to send a tweet or facebook post it will freeze my screen and will need to be restarted.

2. phone will have an incoming call but the screen will stay black while the phone rings

any others out there experiencing this?

thanks

cdrider

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2012
Haven't noticed that but have seen what may be a bug in Siri.

If you tell it to send a text/iMessage it says "ok I'll send that" and the Siri screen stays there with the message on it. It looks like it's hung but the message is actually sent. It seems like Siri should disappear once the message has gone but it's the first time I've used it so may be wrong

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
iPhone 4s, I can't seem to get my past purchases to show up in the appstore. Crashes the appstore app after a long wait.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Don't know if this is a glitch, but most apps have the colour-adjusted status bar (is that what it's called?) but when I open Safari, the status bar remains black.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
There still seems to be a bug in how iTunes Match is handled.

For instance,

If I synch 5 playlists, disconnect my phone, then turn on Match
Now, I want to add a new playlist to actually load on my phone.

I turn off Match on the phone, add playlist and synch.

On Beta4, the songs would still be on my phone but I couldn't see them in the music app.

Now, the songs are still there and I can access them, but all my playlists disappear except for the new one I just synched.

Last edited:

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
I've noticed a bug where if I'm in an app and I get a text message notification, the notification banner will stay at the top until I exit the app I'm in and go back to the home screen.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
Not sure if it's just my 4S, but on GM I have a delay when I click on my home button. Its only on iOS 6. :confused:

jared52

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
Haven't noticed that but have seen what may be a bug in Siri.

If you tell it to send a text/iMessage it says "ok I'll send that" and the Siri screen stays there with the message on it. It looks like it's hung but the message is actually sent. It seems like Siri should disappear once the message has gone but it's the first time I've used it so may be wrong

I don't have iOS 6, but it's always done that with iOS 5. I agree that it should close Siri when it's sent or have Siri ask, "Is there anything else?"

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I have been trying out the GM on my 4th gen iPod touch, really disappointed, extremely slow, numerous display bugs (mainly in iTunes and App store) and sync issues (Greyed out all my songs, had to sync again to get them to play... not sure why)

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I have been trying out the GM on my 4th gen iPod touch, really disappointed, extremely slow, numerous display bugs (mainly in iTunes and App store) and sync issues (Greyed out all my songs, had to sync again to get them to play... not sure why)

Did you restore or update?

astrorider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008

I'm guessing the new HTML based App Store and iTunes bugs are going to be fixed before release (i.e. they're not app problems), but we'll have to wait and see.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Can anyone confirm if they fixed the issue of third-party audio degradation? My low-quality Spotify is making me nuts.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I've noticed a bug where if I'm in an app and I get a text message notification, the notification banner will stay at the top until I exit the app I'm in and go back to the home screen.

Yes! Me too. I noticed this while in a call.

Also when I receive texts the screen lights up but I don't hear the notification. This only happens to a few contacts. I've checked every setting I can think of. I'll wait for the official release and restore then to see if this gets fixed.

Ashwee

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
England
The bug is still there that locks you into a web app if you keep switching to different web apps/full screen pages
You have to do a hard boot to get back

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I still have a few (small) issues, but I installed iOS 6 GM and then restored from my backup from beta, so I'm not sure which of the issues carried over. But still, iOS 6 is very fast and consistent overall. Can't wait to use it on the iPhone 5 Friday :)

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I have noticed that so far the "new" AppStore is not good and gets worse every day. The search for me just doesn't work at all and constantly messes up and the updates are unreliable at best.

In the same vane has anyone else noticed that when installing apps it doesn't install the newest version? I keep installing apps and immediately they show an update from days ago in the update tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.