IOS 6 GM Glitches?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by paulie6978, Sep 17, 2012.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Has anyone else ran into some issues with the ios 6 GM release?

1. Whne i go to my notificaiton center to send a tweet or facebook post it will freeze my screen and will need to be restarted.

2. phone will have an incoming call but the screen will stay black while the phone rings

any others out there experiencing this?

thanks

2. cdrider macrumors newbie

Haven't noticed that but have seen what may be a bug in Siri.

If you tell it to send a text/iMessage it says "ok I'll send that" and the Siri screen stays there with the message on it. It looks like it's hung but the message is actually sent. It seems like Siri should disappear once the message has gone but it's the first time I've used it so may be wrong

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

iPhone 4s, I can't seem to get my past purchases to show up in the appstore. Crashes the appstore app after a long wait.

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Don't know if this is a glitch, but most apps have the colour-adjusted status bar (is that what it's called?) but when I open Safari, the status bar remains black.

5. Zimmy68, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

There still seems to be a bug in how iTunes Match is handled.

For instance,

If I synch 5 playlists, disconnect my phone, then turn on Match
    Now, I want to add a new playlist to actually load on my phone.

I turn off Match on the phone, add playlist and synch.

On Beta4, the songs would still be on my phone but I couldn't see them in the music app.

Now, the songs are still there and I can access them, but all my playlists disappear except for the new one I just synched.

6. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I've noticed a bug where if I'm in an app and I get a text message notification, the notification banner will stay at the top until I exit the app I'm in and go back to the home screen.

7. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Not sure if it's just my 4S, but on GM I have a delay when I click on my home button. Its only on iOS 6. :confused:

8. farawaybrothers macrumors member

This only happened to me once, but ever since that restart, it never happened again.

9. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

this has happened probably 2 times to me and when i click on twitter or FB in the notification center, its seems like it hangs up for a second then goes forward.

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

Camera has crashed for me a few times. Home screen doesn't dim and turn off (intermittent).

11. jared52 macrumors member

I don't have iOS 6, but it's always done that with iOS 5. I agree that it should close Siri when it's sent or have Siri ask, "Is there anything else?"

12. allistera macrumors regular

I have been trying out the GM on my 4th gen iPod touch, really disappointed, extremely slow, numerous display bugs (mainly in iTunes and App store) and sync issues (Greyed out all my songs, had to sync again to get them to play... not sure why)

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

Did you restore or update?

14. cdrider macrumors newbie

Thanks. At least I know I'm not going mad! :)

15. astrorider macrumors 6502

I'm guessing the new HTML based App Store and iTunes bugs are going to be fixed before release (i.e. they're not app problems), but we'll have to wait and see.

16. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Can anyone confirm if they fixed the issue of third-party audio degradation? My low-quality Spotify is making me nuts.

17. allistera macrumors regular

Restore, like astrorider said hope its just some pre-release bugs that gets sorted out.

18. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

Yes! Me too. I noticed this while in a call.

Also when I receive texts the screen lights up but I don't hear the notification. This only happens to a few contacts. I've checked every setting I can think of. I'll wait for the official release and restore then to see if this gets fixed.

19. Ashwee macrumors member

Ashwee

The bug is still there that locks you into a web app if you keep switching to different web apps/full screen pages
    You have to do a hard boot to get back

20. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Yes. It's fixed.

21. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Fantastic, thanks.

22. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I still have a few (small) issues, but I installed iOS 6 GM and then restored from my backup from beta, so I'm not sure which of the issues carried over. But still, iOS 6 is very fast and consistent overall. Can't wait to use it on the iPhone 5 Friday :)

23. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I have noticed that so far the "new" AppStore is not good and gets worse every day. The search for me just doesn't work at all and constantly messes up and the updates are unreliable at best.

In the same vane has anyone else noticed that when installing apps it doesn't install the newest version? I keep installing apps and immediately they show an update from days ago in the update tab.

24. jnmiah macrumors member

The stock weather app crashes without it opening.

25. HeyKatie macrumors 6502