iOS 6 Hotmail sync issue/question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Asilva94, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Asilva94 macrumors newbie

After reading through a fair amount of forums both here and on other sites I think that I have a related but slightly different problem from the other posters I've seen.

First off, I have an iPhone 4S, running the most recent update of iOS6, never jailbroken, etc...

I have my Hotmail account that I have had for years set up as an Exchange account and for most purposes it works fine. However, when I delete or move an email on my broswer client on my Macbook, the emails remain in my inbox on my iPhone. When i read an email on the browser it is reflected as unread on the iPhone, but when it's deleted or moved this is not reflected in the iPhone's inbox.

Please tell me there's a way to take care of this other than deleting every email twice.

Thanks

Andre

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It's probably just lag and may be just an occasional thing. If you delete from the web client, it's done. After a while, do they disappear on the iPhone?

3. Asilva94 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it's a lag issue, because I can open an read emails and attachments from as far back as February that have been deleted but are still in my iPhone inbox.

I'm stumped.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Delete the account from the iPhone and then re-add.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Are you sure it's actually set up with ActiveSync? It's behaving as if it is set up as POP.