Ios 6 + iPad 3 = Safari Issues ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Oct 12, 2012.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

Since upgrading to iOS 6 on the new iPad , I notice Safari when working is smoother than ever, but it often hangs when loading sites for 10-15 secs, at times it even becomes unresponsive to touch.

Restarting Safari or a power cycle on the iPad solves it, suggesting its a possible memory issue?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yeap save here especially when i refresh the verge website, and i have about 9 tabs open.

Or sometimes it just crashed.

3. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Glad to hear I'm not alone, hope they solve it soon...

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Haven't had this issue when I'm on a strong Wi-Fi and often have quite a few tabs open on my iPad. Are there certain sites you see this with more? Are you on Wi-Fi or LTE when you see this? I see this at my office sometimes, but only when the office Wi-Fi drops which happens a lot. Usually just need to refresh when the Wi-Fi is back.

5. OSMac, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure if its triggered by a given site, my wifi is strong here so cant comment much on that.

It seems to happen when I've been using the device for some time.
    A site will load/refresh very slow, or the loading spinner will keep spinning even after the page is loaded, then at worst touch becomes unresponsive.

A power cycle always resolves it . Never happened with iOS 5 never used to need to reboot before ios 6.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I have the wifi version here, and strong wifi! I usually get that when i refresh theverge.com. So it seems maybe the verge takes more of my ram and cache!

7. Bokes macrumors 6502

Pages load fine but,
    I have noticed scrolling is not as smooth.
    Very clunky.