iOS 6 + iTunes 10.7 + Leopard

(Kerfuffle)

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
So today I found out that you cannot sync an iOS 6 device on Leopard. I already know that I will need to update to Snow Leopard in order to sync to my computer again, but I was curious if anyone was privy to why Apple chose not to support Leopard anymore. Some quick googling gave me nothing so I figured I should ask the MacRumors community!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Leopard is a five year old OS. It's been out of Apple's extended support for over a year.

skitzogreg

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Arkansas
So today I found out that you cannot sync an iOS 6 device on Leopard. I already know that I will need to update to Snow Leopard in order to sync to my computer again, but I was curious if anyone was privy to why Apple chose not to support Leopard anymore. Some quick googling gave me nothing so I figured I should ask the MacRumors community!
The good thing is that Snow Leopard is arguably the best OS release (ML user here, this is subjective).

(Kerfuffle)

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Leopard is a five year old OS. It's been out of Apple's extended support for over a year.
Makes sense. I figured with something like this though Apple would've had a logistical reason why they didn't update iTunes for Leopard. But then I guess Apple would be stuck supporting every OS they've ever shipped!

The good thing is that Snow Leopard is arguably the best OS release (ML user here, this is subjective).
Really? My laptop is on Mountain Lion (my desktop is the one running Leopard) and I would never go back! Although in SL's defense I never owned it. But you're right, it is subjective. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.