iOS 6 + iTunes 10.7 + Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by (Kerfuffle), Oct 21, 2012.

1. (Kerfuffle) macrumors member

So today I found out that you cannot sync an iOS 6 device on Leopard. I already know that I will need to update to Snow Leopard in order to sync to my computer again, but I was curious if anyone was privy to why Apple chose not to support Leopard anymore. Some quick googling gave me nothing so I figured I should ask the MacRumors community!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Leopard is a five year old OS. It's been out of Apple's extended support for over a year.

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

The good thing is that Snow Leopard is arguably the best OS release (ML user here, this is subjective).

4. (Kerfuffle) thread starter macrumors member

Makes sense. I figured with something like this though Apple would've had a logistical reason why they didn't update iTunes for Leopard. But then I guess Apple would be stuck supporting every OS they've ever shipped!

Really? My laptop is on Mountain Lion (my desktop is the one running Leopard) and I would never go back! Although in SL's defense I never owned it. But you're right, it is subjective. :)