iOS 6 - iTunes 11 Store redesign

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by johnywalker1989, Sep 19, 2012.

1. johnywalker1989 macrumors regular

Hello mates. Today I installed iOS 6. I have a question to ask. On the keynote they announced that the redesigned stores will be out on late October with iTunes 11. The stores we see on iOS 6 are the final ones? Or they will be tweaked again to be like iTunes 11?

2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I briefly looked at the new iOS 6 itunes store... eh, not really a fan. Maybe it will be better on my iPhone 5 when I'm due on OCT 7th.

3. johnywalker1989 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Flyphoenix macrumors newbie

5. frayne182 macrumors 6502

I don't like em all that much. Maybe because its choppy on my iPhone 4

6. dayatn macrumors newbie

so far nothing special with New iTunes..

just ping is go on...

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Not a huge fan of the iOS 6 stores. Looking forward to iTunes 11. It's the update we've all been waiting for, for like ever! :)

8. RRutter macrumors 6502

I'm with you; not worried about them prettying up the interface of the store, but rather the application itself. I recall coming across so many bugs whilst updating to iOS 5 and had a TON updating to iOS 6 (almost leading me to lose about 400 pictures).

Them making the store look nicer will just make me want to spend more money; we wouldn't want that, now would we? :p

9. windowstomac macrumors regular

I have to say I think the iOS 6 store is a lot less fun to browse. Almost like they've tried to shoehorn the iTunes 11 look into iOS - fine on an iPad maybe, but on my 4S? Not so much...

10. jman240 macrumors 6502a

I just wish they'd bring back vertical lists on the smaller devices instead of all the horizontal stuff that doesn't make sense.

They still exist but aren't used widely. At least in search they'd be nice.

Attached Files:

11. Farplaner macrumors 6502

Personally, I think it looks fine, but it's slowwwwwwwwwww like the old Facebook app.

12. RRutter macrumors 6502

It's a bit choppy but I must say I like the app store redesign better then the last. Being able to download an app and not being shot back to your home screen is nice - it just downloads with a progress bar right there in the App store.