iPad IOS 6 Jailbreak stuffed by New Mac?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by louie7oaks, Jun 20, 2014.

1. louie7oaks macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have an ipad 2 that I have been using with OS 6 and jailbroken for quite some time. Obviously I have not updated the iPad and everything has always been great.
    I've just bought a new Mac though running 10.9.3 and since then I have not been able to connect the iPad to iTunes. The iPad just gives out a continuous beep beep beep and I get the message "Itunes could not connect to this iPhone. This device is no longer connected."
    I decided to go to the "General" tab in the iPad to upgrade to OS 7, but all I get is "checking for update."
    So I seem to be stuck! Although the iPad works fine, I'm unable to connect to iTunes to delete songs, films etc or load new ones onto it. And I can't even restore it to start again from afresh.
    Any help or advice gratefully received!!
    Louie

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you used evasi0n to jailbreak the iPad, it blocks OTA updates.

Put the iPad in DFU mode and update it if you wish, you will only be able to go to 7.1.1 which has no jailbreak.

Does the new Mac have the newest iTunes ?
    Did you try a different USB cable and port ?
    Did you reboot both the Mac and iPad ?

3. louie7oaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes the iPad was broken with evasi0n.
    Yes, I do have the latest version of iTunes. I will try everything else you have suggested though.
    If I lose the ability to jailbreak then I guess I will just have to wait for the next one! (I don't suppose it will take too long!)
    Many Thanks,
    Louie

4. louie7oaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Recovery Mode Failure

Hi,
    Well I got the iPad into recovery mode and connected to iTunes. I got the message that the restore to factory settings was complete and that it was restarting. Cue the Apple logo with an empty progress bar underneath it.
    And that's it. The progress bar stays empty and nothing else happens. I've repeated the process a few times after restarting the Mac, but it's the same thing every time.
    Not sure what to try now....... :(
    Louie

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

now you wait till iOS 8 comes out, and then restore tothat. then wait till jan or feb 2015 and jailbreak :D

6. louie7oaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Very Harsh! But if it fixes it I guess it's worth the wait!

Louie

7. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, I'm just being honest though. i know it sucks, but thats probably what is gonna happen :(

8. louie7oaks thread starter macrumors newbie

It Got Worse.....

When I tried the last restore I left the iPad plugged into the Mac and connected to iTunes with the empty progress bar showing. I guess that perhaps I was just hoping that something might happen if I left it long enough. (even though it was obvious that nothing was going to happen!)
    Just got home to find a blank screen. Unplugged it from the Mac and tried to power it up. Nothing.
    Plugged it into the mains. Nothing.
    Tried to power it up whilst plugged into the mains. Nothing.
    I've just been out and bought a new iPad Air 32Gb, but would really like to find out what's happened to this one and try to fix it.
    It's just over two years old and is used pretty heavily. Is it possible that the battery has died at a coincidentally inopportune moment? It has been a pretty lengthy process getting it charged in the last couple of weeks!
    Louie

9. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

If you did get it into Recovery Mode then it will not show many signs of life. Try holding the Power & Home button at the same time and report what happens.

10. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron