iOS 6 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleFanBoy1, Mar 9, 2013.

1. AppleFanBoy1 macrumors newbie

Any stable jailbreaks for iOS 6 on iPod Touch 4th generation?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

evasi0n
    Evasi0n.com

ITS ALL OVER THIS FORUM!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

More threads by mods/admins to drive up hit counts. :p

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Some fanboy you are. Give back the title now. Join the rest of the great unwashed masses.

6. Auxo macrumors 6502

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

8. AppleFanBoy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jeez. What hostile community this is. Thought it was a friendly one. I guess not.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's a friendly community. But you have to realize how the question sounded. Evasion (the jailbreak) has been out for at least a month now and a lot of discussion has been made about it here and across the world wide internet. A Google search for "ios+6 jailbreak" would instantly have given you the Evasion jailbreak page as a top hit.

There is an assumption by the community that you posses at least the ability to look things up on your own so that obvious questions are avoided, and thus embarrassment. We're all here to help when you've done your research and are stuck.

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'll take that a step further. For a lot of people, the assumption is that if you can't find the answers to extremely simple questions, you really aren't ready to jailbreak. There are plenty of people here who are willing to assist with anything, even really basic (to us) stuff, but most people do want to see that you've at least done your own homework first. Confused about what you find? Bring it here BEFORE you try it on your device (and before you spend any money); someone here will assist if you ask politely. Don't understand something? Link the info you found and we'll help you puzzle through it. Can't find the answer at all, even though you looked? Then say so. It's OK to admit you don't know something or can't find it--we've all been there. But make it clear that you cared enough and were smart enough to look around first, so we know we're not wasting our time writing out instructions you won't follow.

It is a pretty friendly place, and people here ARE actually very helpful. But come in asking a question that's answered in a 5 second Google or forum search? Yeah, half this crew will jump down your throat for being lazy. The other half will ignore you. It's not much different than the real world that way.

For the record, if you need to know at any time about the current status of jailbreaking, the iPhone Dev Team blog is typically a good place to check. (http://blog.iPhone-dev.org). A super easy resource to determine if your specific device can be jailbroken and what tool to use to do that can be found at http://jailbrea.kr. That site is maintained by a well known dev and hosted on a server owned by one of the Dev team, so it's reliable information that's kept up to date.

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

+1 Superbly written response! The entire post was spot on while maintaining elegance and kindness. I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I saw your response.

The sentence I quoted not only explains this thread and its responses, but explains the entire Jailbreak and Hacks sub-forum in a nutshell.

12. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well said guys.

A nice ending to a thread that could have easily spiralled away into silliness.

;)

13. AppleFanBoy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the professional response. I really appreciate it. Thank you.