iOS 6 Likes/Dislikes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by James Godfrey, Sep 20, 2012.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all,

Just wondering what all your likes and dislikes are for iOS6, mine are:

-Song alarm clock
    -Shared photo streams
    -Update and download free apps without sign in
    -Facebook integration
    -Settings laid out in types rather than all clumped together

DISLIKES

-Maps (google may have pulled the plug on apple or demanded too much dosh, so not blaming them)
    -iTunes and App Store (scrolling side to side is a lot harder than scrolling downwards, plus its slower, think it should have the ability for side view)
    -White Keypad for making calls (oh no, looks to much like windows imo)

I am also neutral on a few parts of iOS 6 at the mo, and these are starting to grow on me a little, but not enough for me to like the change...

-Music app
    -Do not disturb (at first I thought just put it on silent duh lol)
    -Black camera controls

Any other features I havent really noticed yet lol.

Overall, i think iOS 6 was more of a Jobs to Cook change than actually adding anything wow or unique like iOS 5 did, iOS was a way better update by far in my opinion. but I do like some of the nifty new features of iOS 6.

Whats your thoughts?

2. TJ5921 macrumors regular

3. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

The new store redesigns really annoy me. I don't like that half the OS has a blue tone while the rest is a dark black. Either keep it constant or give users the choice.

4. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely agree with this

5. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Multiple Signatures in email (finally)
    Facebook integration

Dislikes:

Maps (oh dear. How to get something so wrong)
    The Phone app 'makeover' (looks like Windows 95 with its horrid grey buttons)

6. penguy macrumors 6502

overall phone performance is FAR superior to iOS 5 on my phone...like not even close for some reason...though my phone was far worse than my sons phone was
    text responses to phone calls
    bluetooth setting location
    safari full screen on landscape
    email layout appears to be cleaner to me
    improvements to app store (downloading app does not exit you from the store)
    Do not disturb

so-so
    maps...I actually like them...for my iPhone 4 they are MUCH faster to load and move about. directions to POI have been spot on, though admittedly I am in Apple's backyard here in SF. I have founda few errors for business locations, ie, street address, web address, phone number are all correct...but the city is not? how does that happen?

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

On my 4S

-Safari in landscape, (with borders gone) better internet experience
    -Safari seems quicker
    -iMessage speed improved (at least on my phone)
    -Phone seems a little snappier
    -Battery still seems solid
    -Phone overall very smooth

Dislikes:
    -Not used to App store yet, like someone mentioned, it's almost like it's catered for an iPad screen, and obviously more catered to the iPhone 5.
    -Some of the colors are random, and the 2 new wallpapers are weird and out of place.
    -I'm not a fan of the Facebook/Twitter integration stuff. I have a Facebook, but I don't wish to sync it to my phone. And I dont have to, so this doesn't take away from iOS 6 to me, because I can choose to not use

Things I haven't really fully tested:
    -Maps, although I never used maps much before, because I always use my TomTom in my car. So I need to test this out. Heard some bad things about it, but I checked out the 3D, fly over in satellite view on my friends iPad, and it looked pretty cool. I think all in all, it just needs work. It's new.
    -Battery, although it doesnt seem to have gotten worse, i'd like to see if it got better.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. Maybe I'm easy to please?

8. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

Apple really needs to make an equivalent of Google Map Maker. That way they can get way more info into their maps. They also need to stop relying on Yelp for POIs since Yelp doesn't work in 90% of the world.

9. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

10. pear21 macrumors 6502

pear21

Like-being able to talk sports with a girl for once :p

11. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

Why o why is there no full screen in vertical screen position. I never browse the web using landscape because of the lack of height, I would love to be able to full screen browse in vertical position…

12. stickboy2k macrumors member

Don't like the new podcast app. Didn't like it when it hit the appstore, now I am forced to use it. I will say it is better than the first couple iterations, but I wish I had the choice to have all my music and podcasts in the same interface.

Other than that I don't see very much to write home about. Nothing bad nothing good.

13. getagrip15 macrumors member

This is why I use Dolphin Browser. Wish I could change my default browser without jailbreaking though.

14. JadedBen macrumors regular

Podcasts are still found within the music app are they not? This is the case still on my i4 on iOS6?

15. varunmaini2011 macrumors newbie

Best Like in IOS6

Well the Biggest Like which we Liked is the all new Designed Facebook Navigation application that has been much improved for the Previous version.So do check out this Feature for more refined experience of your Facebook

16. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Don't forget the white in the Music app now too. So really it's blue, black and white/silver

17. cynics macrumors G3

I noticed and like that the screen will actually dim with ambient lighting. I hated to have to turn the phone screen and back on when the screen was too bright....

18. vanfanel1 macrumors member

It's my belief and I'm sure others as well is that this is a big FU to google. This goes back quite a bit but the introduction of android is what started the whole spat between apple and google and ever since then they've been looking for a way to get google out of their ecosystem. They did but with horrendous results. I blame apple for this one. They already had excellent maps functionality but decided to go at it on their own without realizing the incredibly daunting task it actually was. There is no 'demand' from google as they don't make the big bucks this way.

19. negro napoleon macrumors member

Notification Center not clearing alerts when cleared from app

Am I the only one experiencing this?

20. Jman13 macrumors 68000

- Turn by turn appears on lock screen when you lock your phone, and turns on to show you turns.
    - Turn by turn displays quick access return bar when active and displace turns there if you are in another app (which I'm likely to be, such as Rdio, Podcasts, stitcher, Pandora, etc.)
    - Facebook integration
    - I like the new Siri capabilities, especially movies and sports info.
    - I like that the App store doesn't kick you back to the home screen when installing apps.

Dislikes:
    - Apple maps searching is a bit wonky.
    - Still no toggles in notification center ala NC Settings in the jailbreak world (this really needs to be added, Apple).
    - New App Store is better in some ways, but right now is really sluggish and I don't like the single app panes when searching.

21. zeetee96 macrumors member

Biggest like of all:

Attached Files:

22. igetit macrumors member

igetit

Agree on the phone keypad, it is freakin ugly!!!! :mad:

Everything else I like :D

23. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Not only separate signatures...but different notification tones and vibrations as well. My BB Storm did this and that is the ONLY thing I miss about that piece of junk. Guess I should say WAS the only thing I missed.

24. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

the Music app is the worst offender. It's all white, but the now playing is black. Who at Apple designed this??

25. I WAS the one macrumors 6502a

I WAS the one

Ok, I can't believe I'm actually saying this.

1) I hate iOS Maps
    2) I miss the Youtube app (on iPad)
    3) I don't see why Passbook is a big deal yet.
    4) Do I really want to sync iMessages?
    5) I HATE BIG TIME the new big buttons to print or send to...UnApple like

I like the other addons or improvements... so far so good