iOS 6 LockScreen

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by LouieSamman, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Will We See A New Lock Screen With iOS7

1. Yes, most likely

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No, same old lock screen

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

We all know it's very bland and haven't seen much of a change except a know icon next to the swipe lock to bring up the camera.

For the next big iOS upgrade in which I would guess would be called iOS 7.

Apple has to allow options of different ways to unlock the iPhone or have a different look to the lock screen. I know people will get really upset to continue to see the same looking lock screen with iOS 7.

Do you think the percentage is high that we will see a different lock screen with iOS 7?

2. petes67bird macrumors newbie

Maybe you can submit your feedback to them. Maybe they think its a non issue as I do lol.

3. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Obviously its a non issue but a preference they know of what the customers would like to see.

The row of apps works. That's why they haven't changed it since the first iPhone. But I can see changes, or should I say options, that they can allow users to have. New ways to unlock your iPhone perhaps. Adding weather along with the time.

4. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I agree, but I don't think it will change. A weather widget or something would be nice in my opinion.

5. mosarmini macrumors newbie

6. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

If Apple sticks to its usually hiring jailbreak app developers and incorporating their stuff into iOS, we will more than likely see a weather widget on the lockscreen (see image below...app is called Forecast if you are still rocking iOS 5).

[​IMG]

7. globalist macrumors 6502a

Just out of curiosity, which JB app devs has Apple hired?

8. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Off the top of my head, Peter Hajas (MobileNotifier...which became Notification Center).