iOS 6 Mail complaints

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by negro napoleon, Sep 12, 2012.

1. negro napoleon macrumors member

Why do we still have to click on the account then the sent tab just to view the emails we've sent? Is it so hard to view the ones we've sent in line with the ones we've received?

Also, why can't I flag gmail messages? I can flag icloud emails...

2. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

There is no syncing between iOS 6 and OSX within mail - VIP and Flags don't sync, why bother?

If I flag something I'm doing so because it's important to review later and later I might be at my Mac and it doesn't sync over. I'm using iCloud mail, come on Apple.

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

4. newagemac macrumors 68020

You must be having some sort of problem because iCloud VIPs and flags definitely do sync with iOS 6 and Mac.

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Threaded conversation in mail is the only major downside of iOS for me.

Mac Mail does it, so don't understand why iOS mail can't do it.

I use email so much and whilst threaded conversation is really a gMail influence i do believe it is a better way to read email and can't understand the differences Apple continue to peddle between desktop and mobile.

6. blaizefm, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

blaizefm macrumors newbie

blaizefm

If I flag an email I'd expect a mailbox to be visible in which I could see all my flagged emails. I can't see one.

Edit: looking at some other threads it looks like it appears for some users. Wonder why I can't see it on my devices?

7. Dokk macrumors regular

You can ... sort of. I was peeved by this, too. Flagging from my phone is how I follow up on important messages once I get back to my computer. My work around thus far is to disable mail on the Exchange-setup of my gmail account. Then setup gmail (mail only, not the calendars) via the imap/default gmail setup in settings.

It's a tradeoff, though: you lose push, but you gain flags. So you'll have to choose what's more important to you.

Cheers.

8. freediverx macrumors 6502a

And still no smart folders

I don't understand why Apple still hasn't provided smart folders in iOS. Is an unread messages folder too much to ask for?!

:mad:

----------

----------

This iOS6 bug appears on your Gmail Exchange account if you don't have the domain set in account settings.

1) Go to Settings
    2) Select Mail, Contacts and Calendars
    3) Select the GMail account
    4) Select the account at the top of the screen (your GMail address)
    5) The Domain field should contain either Google or gmail.com
    (google.com will not work)
    6) The Username field should contain your whole email address

9. yozh macrumors 6502

Ok am I crazy or were we able to flag gmail/exchange messages before ? Why is this gone now ?

10. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

That worked. I love you! In a tech support kind of way.

11. yozh macrumors 6502

But that doesnt star it in gmail, just flags it in iOS no star is put in actual gmail and it doesnt appear in Stared folder :(