iOS 6 maps route function on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by prvt.donut, Sep 19, 2012.

1. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Upgraded today and now routes doesn't work in the new maps app.

When I click on route, it takes me to the App Store showing a list of apps that can route!!!

2. v7da1 macrumors member

im just curious as to why you upgraded to iOS 6 from an iPhone 4 so quickly. what feature made you want to? like i can understand doing it on the new ipad or iphone 4s...
    there was no incentive to upgrade
    or am i missing something

3. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

my iPhone 5 comes in tomorrow, so, I upgraded my iTunes in preparation and thought that maybe having the same OS would help the migration. Also, I will get a little prequel of tomorrow.

I didn't realize they took out all the navigation function for the iPhone 4 in maps.

I thought it was just the turn by turn and 3D view jazz, I really find the navigation function useful for finding out quickly what time the train will arrive at a client office.

Is it just in Japan, or all over the world that the maps navigation has gone?

4. miyan9 macrumors newbie

why buy a new iphone every year?

5. v7da1 macrumors member

so you dont plan on selling the iphone 4?
    all i know is that iOS 5 would be a good selling point as it will allow the buyer to choose.

and for the other poster. i had a 4 and am upgrading to 5.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I get directions on my iPhone 4 just like the old one. Not public transport though.

Type in address, tap the little green car button and it lays out routes and directions.

7. mkaen macrumors regular

I lol'd.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

For public transit, download the Transit app. It's actually not bad compared to google and I actually think I will end up liking it more. The interface is actually a little more streamlined and easier to work times and destinations with.

9. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Weird, routing works fine for me on my iPhone 4. I'm still on a beta version of iOS 6, though. Haven't had the chance to install the GM yet.