iOS 6 massive bug

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by GaryNiger23, May 18, 2013.

1. GaryNiger23 macrumors newbie

May 18, 2013
    I recently bought an iPhone 4s off amazon and it comes with iOS 5. I updated it to iOS 6 soon after and so far it has been a great experience, that is until this uber-huge bug happened. Every time I go to the app store the 4s will freeze, random stripes will appear on the screen and it will reboot. Now I can't download any apps and I can't get of this bug. I tried a reset and it did nothing. I even reinstalled iOS 6 and it also did nothing. Now I can't download any apps and I can't revert to iOS 5. Any help?
  2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

May 15, 2013
    Have you tried setting it up as new, a clean restore?
  3. pod5g macrumors regular

May 15, 2013
    Try what the post below me says. If that doesn't work, you might have to download your apps on iTunes and sync them to your iPhone. I know, that can be a huge pain in the ass.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

Feb 15, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
  5. Kurios2, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013

Kurios2 macrumors regular

Sep 22, 2012
    My friend's wife had the exact problem and the DFU restore fixed it.
  6. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Feb 28, 2013
    Try setting it up as new .. And don't restore from Icloud back up .. I had a problem of calling ., I couldn't call if I switched my phone off .. I restored it from my icloud back up but no luck ..
    Then I just set it up as new by DFU mode .. That solved the problem .. What I think is that apple backs up the whole software in icloud .. So when I restored from the icloud backup my problem was not solved because the software error was also backed up .. So setting up as a new one would give a new software ...