iOS 6 messages not heard.....sometimes?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Photogdave, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Photogdave macrumors regular

Photogdave

Ok, so iOS 6 has been great......for me.
    But I have noticed a couple times,
    When I'm texting back and forth sometimes I don't get an alert.
    Example: Normally when texting, if the person you're texting to responds while window is open,
    You get that "Zoom" sound, I get that.
    But if you leave that window or lock screen, your selected tone should sound.
    I've noticed sometimes I get nothing, I turn screen on to find they responded and I didn't know. This I've only notice sense iOS 6?
    But, I'm not 100%. I'm 99% sure screen was locked, and not dimmed waiting for timed lock......in which case I'd get zoom sound that I may not hear.

Anyone else notice this.
    And just when I say ok, I'm gonna pay special attention to it to isolate issue....IT WORKS FINE.

Anyway, just curious about others. Other than this I haven't noticed any issues to speak of.
    Also, where do I complain to Apple. As in, is there a report a problem area beside the Genius guys

2. Gage macrumors regular

I know what you're talking about. I've noticed a few times that I don't get the alert either.

3. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

Message tones are now tied to your music volume that than to the ringtone volume. This means if you leave your iPod volume down you won't hear a notification tone. Turn up the iPod volume until apple fixes this bug.

----------

Upon further review it is a glitch that can be corrected by a soft reset.

4. Photogdave thread starter macrumors regular

Photogdave

Ok I have noticed that the volume of my text tone has been low at times.....after video volume low
    But I get the text tone as long as I close the text window or I open a different contact. But as long as I have the current contact open I get nothing
    I've soft reset and hard reset just now and no change
    But it doesn't always do it
    Earlier today my phone was blowing up

So others are experiencing this , not just me?
    How would Apple fix it and how do we let them know

----------

Yeah, I bet it's because the text was from the last person , in other words that window was open where you normally get the little vib and zoom if screen were on.
    Weird

5. cypress822 macrumors regular

I have same exact problem...not getting text alert sounds or vibrations intermittently. Resetting did not help. Only started with ios6 install