iOS 6 Messages

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by tkwolf, Jul 17, 2012.

1. tkwolf macrumors 6502

I'm not a developer so I have not tried iOS 6 yet. On all the beta releases, is there any improvement on the message app? Maybe a quick reply feature and a couple more extra features so far?
    I know this can be done with jailbreaking but I'm trying to see if apple's thought of adding these little amazing features to their native messaging app? I have to say that it's a bother having to reply to texts without quick reply.

2. DanR16 macrumors member

Nope, it's exactly the.same.

3. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

I still have my hopes up for the full release. A quick reply option would come really handy.

4. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

True story.

5. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I would put your hopes back down. A feature like that would already be in the beta if it were coming to the full release.

6. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

The Message app is exactly the same as it was in iOS 5.
    They should add timestamps, but they havn't :(

7. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I honestly think they should implement timestamps in a similar fashion to biteSMS, they show the timestamp if you select the message, otherwise they are hidden.

8. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

i feel exactly the same way. Whats ridiculous is the Apple added a quick reply feature for phone calls but not for messages.

makes no sense

9. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, maybe apple's just saving these features for the full release? Like as a surprise...maybe? I mean obviously, whatever new features we have in the beta, can't be the only changes in iOS6. I know it sounds more like of a wishful thinking kinda thing but I got my fingers crossed on this! Apple has to have a quick reply for sms, they did it with calls as mentioned above. It would really be nice

10. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

It makes no sense why timestamps aren't available in the messages app.

There are dozens of little features like that which would be no-brainers to add. And it would be easy enough to disable them in the settings if desired.

Sometimes Apple really grinds my gears.

11. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

12. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I would say the same about contact pictures. It really makes no sense, and it is the very first thing that I jailbreak for. Having a visual indicator of who is who makes navigating messages so much better with contact pictures.

It is especially frustrating because they do do that on the iPad Messages, just no iPhone.

13. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I'm sure it has come across their minds, I just hope they get to implement it on the release.