iOS 6 music app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Bulldog28, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Bulldog28 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having an issue with the music.app not starting where you left off after having been idle for a while?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Not that issue, but I've had several problems creating genius playlists. Basically I have a song playing and I tap the "genius" button, it creates the playlist with no issues, but when the song finishes it goes onto the next song on the original album instead of the next song on the playlist.

3. frayne182 macrumors 6502

I have had the music app crash on me a few times. I'll be scrolling through songs and it will hang and just exit and go back to the main screen. I'll start it up and it will be like 4-5 songs from where I was

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I assume this is an audio file that hasn't been marked to save your place (like in an audiobook). If by "idle for a while" you mean long enough that the memory used for the music app has been overwritten by another app, then this behavior seems reasonable.

For instance, if you start playing a song, then delete the music app from the "Recent Apps" list, you'll see this behavior; the app remembers the song you were on, but not your place.

Regards,
    Tom

5. Redpaul macrumors newbie

Yep, it happened to me in all the betas too. I would pause a song and when I press play 10 minutes later it would go back to the start of the song. In some instances it would even go back a few songs.

Paul

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Happens to me sometimes since iOS 6.

(iPod touch 4)