iOS 6 music app

Bulldog28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Is anyone else having an issue with the music.app not starting where you left off after having been idle for a while?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Not that issue, but I've had several problems creating genius playlists. Basically I have a song playing and I tap the "genius" button, it creates the playlist with no issues, but when the song finishes it goes onto the next song on the original album instead of the next song on the playlist.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I have had the music app crash on me a few times. I'll be scrolling through songs and it will hang and just exit and go back to the main screen. I'll start it up and it will be like 4-5 songs from where I was

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Is anyone else having an issue with the music.app not starting where you left off after having been idle for a while?
I assume this is an audio file that hasn't been marked to save your place (like in an audiobook). If by "idle for a while" you mean long enough that the memory used for the music app has been overwritten by another app, then this behavior seems reasonable.

For instance, if you start playing a song, then delete the music app from the "Recent Apps" list, you'll see this behavior; the app remembers the song you were on, but not your place.

Regards,
Tom

Redpaul

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
Craigavon, Co Armagh
Yep, it happened to me in all the betas too. I would pause a song and when I press play 10 minutes later it would go back to the start of the song. In some instances it would even go back a few songs.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.