iOS 6 NEEDS This

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by klamse25, Jun 19, 2012.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Integrated dictionary search.
    I know you can highlight a word and define it, but Apple needs to integrate the ability to search from Spotlight or something similar.

Maybe they'll add it in upcoming betas?
    Or points releases?

2. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Camera Roll should also have PROPER folders. It annoys me that I can create a folder for pics for example Family but instead of moving them in there from Camera Roll they show up in both. This really annoys me

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You can use Siri, besides spotlight how else do you want it integrated? But I guess that does not use Dictionary, so it's not the same is it?

4. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I'm quite aware, but not all iOS devices have Siri.
    I don't get good service in most places, so Siri is ruled out for me most of the times anyways.

I just want to be able to type in a word and get a definition without resorting to a third party app.

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Yes, I know the limits of Siri, I was just trying to figure out ways to get the definition. I could have sworn I read you could get spotlight to define words and perform simple calculations in iOS now.

6. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Although on the page you supplied there is a product enhancement section, if you scroll to the bottom and click on the terms and conditions, it says:

"Apple or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“submissions”) in any form to Apple or any of its employees. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Apple’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Apple. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your submissions."

The link to the rest is here: https://www.apple.com/legal/policies/ideas.html

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

bahahahahahahahhahahaha

8. Horseface123 macrumors newbie

That's one of my favorite jailbreak features. (top right corner)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340141295.263284.jpg

9. klamse25, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Would love something like this in vanilla iOS!

[​IMG]

I thought I read that somewhere too, but it's only limited to web search and Wikipedia search.