Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryan85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Just upgraded to iOS 6 to find out that the Personal Hotspot feature will require a new data plan w/AT&T. Currently I have the pre-paid $30/3GB a month. Guess they are saving any/all features they can for their data share customers...

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Just upgraded to iOS 6 to find out that the Personal Hotspot feature will require a new data plan w/AT&T. Currently I have the pre-paid $30/3GB a month. Guess they are saving any/all features they can for their data share customers...

Yep, its not enough that AT&T got rid of its unlimited plans for the iPad. Now, they want to make it as hard as possible to even use your entire data allotment on the capped plans.

That's why when I have occasion to buy an iPad data plan for a particular month and find that in the last few days I haven't used up all my data -- I just run Netflix until it maxes out.

Duardo

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
Are you referring to an AT&T iPad? If so, that's awesome!

Yeah, I could do that. I just don't think I should have to.

I agree. Wouldn't my phone also require a jailbreak anyways? Other than a few small features, I see no reason for jailbreaking.

sulliweb

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
To the OP:

If you already have tethering on your plan, I don't think that a jailbreak is necessary. I had to reset my network settings on my phone, but once I did, it started working just fine. No shared data for me.

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.