iOS 6, Personal Hotspot requires new plan w/AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bryan85, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bryan85 macrumors regular

Just upgraded to iOS 6 to find out that the Personal Hotspot feature will require a new data plan w/AT&T. Currently I have the pre-paid $30/3GB a month. Guess they are saving any/all features they can for their data share customers...

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yep, its not enough that AT&T got rid of its unlimited plans for the iPad. Now, they want to make it as hard as possible to even use your entire data allotment on the capped plans.

That's why when I have occasion to buy an iPad data plan for a particular month and find that in the last few days I haven't used up all my data -- I just run Netflix until it maxes out.

3. citivolus macrumors 6502a

When the JB for iOS 6 is released for iPad 3, can't you just install TetherMe?

4. bryan85 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I could do that. I just don't think I should have to.

5. Duardo macrumors member

Are you referring to an AT&T iPad? If so, that's awesome!

I agree. Wouldn't my phone also require a jailbreak anyways? Other than a few small features, I see no reason for jailbreaking.

6. sulliweb macrumors regular

sulliweb

To the OP:

If you already have tethering on your plan, I don't think that a jailbreak is necessary. I had to reset my network settings on my phone, but once I did, it started working just fine. No shared data for me.

Hope that helps!