iOS 6 phone lag?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Indecisi0n, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

I been getting extreme lag with the iphone4S with the new OS. Sometimes I will go to click my message to look at a text and I can tap the screen 10 times for it responds then when it does it registers all my taps in like 6 seconds making the screen jump around like crazy. Also there are times where I will get a bulk of like 10 messages at a time that were sent 10 mins ago. I have had this issue on and off and took my phone to the apple store. They said I was having "spring board crashes" and reset my software by their computer and did a clean install. I didn't backup with my cloud just to see if it was really the software. Well it did it again. I went back to store and they swapped my phone under warranty. Now the new phone doing it ! What else can it be? Maybe an app? services? I just want to try and get this fixed it is so annoying. I try closing all apps, also hard resets but nothing seems to fix it.

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Did you transfer your recent backup to the new iPhone? If you did, maybe there's the reason why you keep expirencing the problems.

3. Indecisi0n thread starter macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

Nope. The phone was setup as new and no restore done. I kept it this way to see if I still had the same issue and I did.

4. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

5. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

It's not the phone. It's the OS. I've been experiencing it and I've restored as new and even got my phone (iPhone 5) swapped out by Apple. I guess you have to hold tight until iOS 6.1 and hopefully that fixes it. At the moment iOS 6 sucks, so I feel your pain

6. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

7. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

That doesn't even make any sense. How does a simple card affect the slowness of iOS?

8. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

if it is malfunctioning maybe the operating keeps trying to read it, using up cpu resources