iOS 6 Preview

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iMaven, Sep 10, 2012.

1. iMaven, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

I don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a non-video preview of iOS 6 from Apple.

www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

If the link goes to the app store, try manually typing the web address in the browser.

2. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Interesting....
    Does going to this page launch iTunes and check for updates for everyone else?

3. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Still don't understand why Apple insists on working with the carriers regarding data when the carriers do everything in their power to undermine Apple.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

yep. not sure if I should click it.

6. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

Ok, thanks. This was the first time I saw it, so I wasn't sure if someone posted it before today. :)

7. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

It does if I click directly,if I hold and choose open in new tab it opens the page properly

8. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Well the carriers are rather important considering without them the phone isn't a phone. The carriers would also win considering it is within their power to control however bandwidth is available/can be used. Also in what way have carriers tried to "undermine Apple"?

10. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

When was the last time you saw a commercial put out of a carrier that promoted an Apple product rather than some Android promotion? Add that to their sales staff actively pushing Android and yes, they are undermining Apple.

How are the "carriers important" to Apple but not Samsung or any other Android phone manufacturer?

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I see what the OP means.

It will take you to iTunes. Presumably to update your device to iOS 6, when it rolls out.

12. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yeah, they put up these pages directly following the keynote in which they are announced. In most cases they are not given prominence in the navigation, so it can be easy to miss if you aren't hunting for it.

13. aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

The lack of iPhones in carrier commercials is imposed by Apple. I worked for one of the big carriers for seven years up until just before the 4S launch and ANY AND ALL Apple related merchandising/advertising was directed, approved, and at most times supplied solely by Apple.

14. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

yep it did for me,
    but i didnt have a phone plugged in, so it went to the store

15. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Thank god for that. Wouldn't want Verizon ruining the Apple brand with those cheesy and absolutely atrocious commercials they do for Droid.

16. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

And why does Verizon have to push any phone in their commercials?
    (They don't)
    Apple plays ball with the carriers while the Android manufactures undermine the carriers and the carriers then turn around and screw Apple.

Not to go off topic but *that* is the issue. Apple restricts data usage, FaceTime over 3G, ect. because of the carriers.

17. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The carriers are important to Samsung to, I didn't say they weren't. I rarely see Android ads your probably talking about the US market which makes up a minority of Apple sales.

I doubt the carriers are trying to undermine Apple just sell phones with better margins for them. Anyway iPhones are still selling, what difference does it make?