Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igetit

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Snoqualmie, WA
After I upgraded to iOS6 I proceeded to setup iMessage on my iPhone, iPad and Air. Everything worked perfectly, including the ability to assign my phone number to the iPad and the Air.

Today I started to notice my messages where being sent as text to people I know have iPhones. So when I checked the iMessage settings it was "off" on all of my devices :mad:

I had to go and turn it on again and sign back in with my Apple ID to restore all the settings I had set up yesterday.

84jeepjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Some time last night (I'm 7hrs ahead of EST) it did it to me. I had to sign back in too. I'm not happy with iOS 6 right now. Yeah I'm sure there is gonna be an update pretty soon. But I just can't get over the little things I was used to are all jacked up JUST enough to make me mad lol

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Same with me. Both FaceTime and iMessage were off this morning. I only noticed because my iPad had a new message that my iPhone didn't receive for the same group convo.

elvineet

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Same here this morning with iMessage and Facetime.

I thought at first it was turned off by default in iOS 6....in the same illogical way the firewall is off by default in OS X. Only this is even more bizarre.

ARAZ87

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
For anyone having the problem with iMessaging and Facetime turning off by itself. Have you also been attempting to fix the Passbook problem by changing your date settings? If you change the date ahead, it will also turn off iMessaging and Facetime. Just a thought.

mackinboi

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
same here. it keeps turning my imessage and facetime off. I am unlocked on T-Mobile, so everytime I get charged for international sms for reactivating it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.