iOS 6 Status Bar: Changes Colors!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by RMK-Jacob, Jul 18, 2012.

1. RMK-Jacob macrumors newbie

So in iOS 6, the status bar changes color depending on what the Navigation Bar color in that app is colored.

For example:
    In the first photo (Holy Bible app), the Navigation Bar is black, and the status bar is black.

In the second photo (Settings), the Navigation Bar is blue, and the status bar is blue

In the rest of the photos I am in mSecure and changing the theme color (which changes the navigation bar color). When the Navigation Bar color is changed the status bar changes color as well.

Attached Files:

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Other people have posted about this but I have yet to see it change. Only in settings is it different for me. Maybe I just don't use any apps that "support" it?

I think I read somewhere that it works on apps that aren't rounded at the top edges, but squared. :confused:

3. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Probably has to do with whether the app's navigation bar is custom or standard.

4. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

thanks for posting something that people figured out on the first day of iOS 6 beta release :rolleyes:

5. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

Every app I've checked agrees with that theory.

6. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Not really a big fan of this. Isn't the status bar supposed to look different because it shows important info? Now it just blends in.

7. ps3zocker macrumors regular

The status bar is only colored when the app has set its UIStatusBarStyle to Default. When it is set to black it is black and has rounded corners and most custom apps do that ;)

8. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

9. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

Ok I see. So a black status bar always puts rounded corners below it and a coloured status bar puts rounded corners above it?

10. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

its been discussed before. The color changes by the very first line of pixels to the apps average colors. In other words, the line of pixels directly below the status bar, whatever colors those are, the status bar will be that color.

Personally, Im one of the few that likes it. Its a fresh change. I really cant believe why anyone would complain about it. Its not like it affects the app your in, it just looks cool.

11. sebseb81 macrumors member

Just installed iOS 6 on an iPod touch and I really thought this was a bug. Does not look great.

12. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

This is very annoying to me when using Safari on my white iPod Touch with white webpages and it is a heavy black - just distracts the eye. Not a fan.

13. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I don't like it, I don't now why apple chose to draw attention to the menu bar instead of making it appear as though it is part of the device. A possible theory is that it accentuates the length of the iPhone 5 screen.

14. BFG86 macrumors 6502

Note sure if like

Would kind of just like it to be black.

15. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Bring back the black bar and leave it alone... Thanks!

The hue of blue they use in Mail, etc. is off-putting.

16. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604