iOS 6 - still requesting password for app update

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by 537635, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 537635 macrumors 6502

As stated in the title:

When updating apps (free or paid), it still asks for a password. This happens on an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4 (both with the same Apple ID). I also have a second iPad (with the same Apple ID), which works normally (it updates apps without asking for a password).

Is there an option somewhere in the menus, that I am not aware of or is this some sort of a bug?

I tried rebooting and hard reseting and no change. Haven't erased and set as a new device though... too much work.

2. JazzG macrumors member

Maybe check your restrictions? Or what you could do is reset all your settings back to default. Be warned you will lose all your WIFI passwords, bluetooth pairings etc

3. big samm macrumors 65816

It does that to me times to times, but thats because i have 2 apple id's and sometimes im trying to update a app that's tied to apple id "A" when im signed in with apple id "B" and it creates a confusion and asks for the password.

4. norwegian wood macrumors regular

Bingo

5. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

Restrictions! That was it!

THANK YOU!!!!

----------

Thanks... only have one Apple ID for apps. There is a second one for iCloud, iMessage and Facetime though.

6. SBlue1 macrumors 65816

SBlue1

what helped me is to press "update all" instead of clicking on the app even if its just one app. now its not asking for the id anymore when i ipdate free apps.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I noticed it still asks me for a password if I have an app installed that I previously "hid"

8. wookiee2cu macrumors member

Now and then I get asked for my password, doesn't matter if it's free or an update.