iPhone iOS 6 Syncing Notes Issue (iCloud) deleted, erased

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by speedyralph, Sep 24, 2012.

1. speedyralph macrumors newbie

speedyralph

Hours after installing ios 6 on my 4S my notes vanished.

I tried deleting icloud acct > erase on iPhone and reinstalling iCloud w original apple id with no success. It doesn't even let me select 'On' for notes, it prompts me instead to create new iCloud email. I refuse to create another iCloud email cause I fear I will lose notes.

For some reason my restore point right before upgrading to ios6 doesn't show up. The only pre ios6 restore point I have is from April.

I have very highly sensitive material in ALL my notes and this type of dependency on 'tech' is what scares me about the future.

I finally gave a shot at creating a new iCloud email and finally I was able to turn on notes. "0" notes now. I've been using the notes app since 2007. I've stored sensitive material over the years to have it ALL erased b/c apple now thinks that iCloud is better than mMe.

Please help.

2. speedyralph thread starter macrumors newbie

speedyralph

UPDATE:

Using my MBAir > Mail > Windows Tab > Account info > window opens up and under Account: MobileMe > Quota Limits, It shows Inbox, Trash Sent Notes, Junk Drafts.

Next to 'Notes" its shows 38 msg's, When I click on it to highlight it and click on 'Show Messages" a mail window opens showing only Inbox, Sent, and Trash, but no NOTES!

At least Im seeing that I had 38 msg's, but I don't know where to locate them.

Please help.