IOS 6 update...I know...I'm stupid

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by volntitan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. volntitan, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

volntitan macrumors 6502

So like an idiot when my iPhone presented me with the update on my phone, I hit update. Problem is...I'm at work and now it is asking me to plug it into iTunes. I don't know why but I was under the impression that you could update your phone without a computer by just doing it over air. So is my phone a brick until I get home and hook it up to my mac or can I just hook it up to any computer here with iTunes?

2. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ios update should be available with ios5 upwards with a wifi connection due to data charges.

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Do you have iCloud backup turned off? If so, maybe it's asking for iTunes so it can do a backup before updating. Or perhaps your wifi connection was interrupted?

Regards,
    Tom

5. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I didn't the update and I have iOS 5 but now after all that, all it gives me is the symbol to connect to iTunes when I connect it to power. When it isn't connected, it won't turn on. Should I connect it to a computer with iTunes just to see if that jump starts it?

----------

I can't remember to be honest if I had turned off iCloud or not. I bet that is it.

6. zim2411 macrumors newbie

I had this too, and had iCloud turned on. My only option seemed to be to factory restore from iTunes, then restore from iCloud. My apps are downloading now, and I will have to fix my photos and music too. :mad:

7. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502