iOS 7.0.2 update... (1) badge on the settings?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by OverSpun, Sep 30, 2013.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Strange... This shouldn't matter since I updated to 7.0.2 OTA on my gen 3 iPad and it reset after the update... I noticed that there is a badge on the settings... of course, it shows that I'm in the latest software, etc. Of course, I can't seem to figure out what is showing the badge for in settings? I don't recall it from iOS6 or maybe a bug?

I powered off/on and reset and it didn't matter. Not too interested restoring it unless this is common.

2. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

3. 5t3f4n macrumors regular

Are you 100% sure it installed correctly?
    Because my girlfriend's iPhone 4 didn't successfully install the update.
    It downloaded, prepared, installed, rebooted... Seemingly completing the update.
    But it would still be on 7.0 after booting up and showing 7.0.2 as available.
    I did it again personally with the same result.
    To solve it I had to perform the update via iTunes.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea same thing happened to me. it updated OTA, and now the badge icon is stuck on. reboots dont help either.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Actually, you don't have to do a restore. Just go to General/Settings/Reset all Settings and it should be fixed. Nothing will be deleted from the phone. Your notifications and settings will be set do the default.

6. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I just restored the iPad when I upgraded to 7.0.3 and it's fine now. Maybe the 7.0.2 OTA install didn't work right like what you all said.

thanks