iOS 7.0.3 crashing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cfairbank, Oct 30, 2013.

1. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Anyone else experiencing crashes and reboots on iOS 7.0.3. Had a few on 7.0.2 but now it's happening multiple times a day. Mostly happening when I unlock.

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Did you update from iOS 6 or to 7, (and subsequent patch releases) or did you restore and set up as a new phone?

I had some resprings on the beta releases but found it fixed on the GM

3. cfairbank thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try resetting all settings and network settings.

5. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

Yeah I was trying to pull down the status bar to see notifications and it rebooted. It happened like 3 times in a row

6. Nacket macrumors member

Nacket

The same thing is happening with me. None of the physical buttons or the digitizer on my 5S will respond and you just have to wait for it to reboot on its own. It will do this even when the phone was locked and not in use, the screen just doesn't turn on when you click a button.

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Similar thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1660396 he's found a way to replicate it pretty consistently.

I'm having the post unlock crash, too. No more crashes after I turned off reduce motion, but I'd prefer to have that setting enabled.

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I have this issue too, but its always random because I never pay enough attention to notice consistencies.

In the end... iOS7 sucks.

9. bgro macrumors 6502a

Defniitely noticing some crashing on 7.0.3 iPhone 5S

10. Juanefny macrumors regular

Happens for me when running many apps in the background and multitasking. I'll try turning on the reduced motion setting and see if that takes care of it.. Definitely the buggiest iOS i've dealt with. Oh btw, as I stated on another thread (there seem to be like four going on about this at once) I've had my phone replaced twice and both replacement 5Ss have had the same issue..

11. richard371 macrumors 68000

Had that exact thing happen last night.

12. Juanefny macrumors regular

What I don't get is that you don't see 30 or 40 pages about this like you did with the whole sensors issue of the 5s... so is this only affecting some people or are we using the phone more than the folks that are apparently not affected...

13. richard371 macrumors 68000

Who knows. It could be a combination of something that's causing it more for some people the others. The fact that some people never had this issue until the installed ios7 is purely a software issue. I'm sure it will get better by 7.1.

14. JulianL macrumors 65816

I've had crashes on all the release versions of iOS 7. 7.0.3 was better but it spoiled it's record this morning when it crashed on my iphone 5 as I was trying to unlock it. My battery had died completely so maybe something had shut down in a funny state and took its revenge after I'd recharged. In previous releases I've had a couple of crashes in something as basic as the Apple built in Settings app.

My crashes tend to be pretty scary ones as well with the device (iPhone 5 or iPad 3 in my case) usually going to a black screen and then not responding to anything, even forced power off, for about 30 seconds which always makes me worried that this time the device is permanently bricked. It's always come back eventually but I do look forward to these big crashes getting fixed in a future update.

15. HydroDog macrumors newbie

7.0.2 had problems on my phone but 7.0.3 was killer; and not in a good way. Had to get a new phone. Thanks Apple:mad:

16. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

7.0.3 is buggy for me on both my 5s and iPad 4. I'm seeing the Apple logo and then the lock screen at least once every 3 or 4 hours of use. Also seeing freezing for 2 or 3 seconds once in a while.
    It has been the buggiest iOS I've experienced. I like iOS 7 overall, but the frequency of the bugs is surprising.

17. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Happened once to me yesterday but I wondered if it was to do with the app I was using, which I've now deleted. Haven't had any since.