iPhone iOS 7.0.3 iPhoto app & Photo app bug.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by zonly1, Oct 23, 2013.

1. zonly1, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

zonly1 macrumors newbie

Yesterday I updated my iPhone 5 to 7.0.3 and updated all my apps as well. After opening iPhoto, it seemed stuck on a message saying my Photo library is being upgraded. After numerous closure and reopening and leaving it overnight with nothing changed, I noticed that my Photo app is showing a syncing message with a wheel at the bottom that does not go away. I tried to reset all settings, removing and putting back iPhoto, removing iCloud account and finally restoring my phone and still the problem persists. iPad does not have this issue and iPhoto works fine on it.

Is there anything I can do beside setting up my phone as new which I really do not want to do at all.

Thank you.

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

You could try setting up as new than restoring from a backup. That way you would not lose everything.

3. zonly1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, I erased all content and settings then did restore from iCloud. Still the same issue and iPhoto gets stuck with a wheel. Photo app still shows the message syncing.

4. zonly1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I guess I had to sync to my mac to fix the issue. What I did was empty my Camera Roll to iPhoto on my mac and sync all my photos again with my iPhone. Now everything is working fine.