iOS 7.0.3 - multi-select box issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by subwarm, Oct 23, 2013.

1. subwarm macrumors member

subwarm

Can anyone else running iOS 7.0.3 help me confirm an issue with multiple select boxes in Safari? If yes - go to this example page: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select_multiple

Try selecting one or more items from the multi-box - then hit done. The select box reflects total number of selections but with one subtracted. Try this with just one selection and hit done and the selection value is cleared out all together.

The correct behavior is that it should match your number of selections in the list - you selected two, it should show two selected.

I've replicated this behavior on the iOS simulator (ver 7 - 463.9.4) with the latest version of Xcode.

It looks like this doesn't occur on 7.0.2 - but might be new to 7.0.3. I'm running an iPhone 5S.

2. tpenguin macrumors newbie

It is a bug since iOS 7.0.3, my company has a web site which contains milt-select box a having same issue on all iPhone with 7.0.3

In your trial website, if I want to select "Volvo" and "Saab", I have to select "Volvo", "Saab" and "Opel", the "Opel" will be removed by :apple:. But I think there are no workaround to select all or the last item. Let's wait :apple: to fix it.

3. sdesapio macrumors newbie

4. stevejones01 macrumors newbie

I have seen reports of this problem since 2007 and still not fixed in the latest 7.0.3. Seems the option that is shown in the middle of the wheel is inverted when the selection wheel closes.
    If its selected its removed, and if its not selected then it is forced selected on closing.

iPhone even fails on the W3 standards example. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select

Any work arounds please?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

How about the latest 7.0.4?

6. stevejones01 macrumors newbie

Just updated to 7.0.4, visited http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select with my iPhone and its still faulty. The option in the middle of the wheel is inverted when the selection wheel closes.

Just scroll to the middle of the list, do not pick any, and close the wheel. It selects one for you in error. Or select them all, then it removes the middle one on closing.

This seems to have been reported 6 years ago so there must be a work around people are using otherwise why has Apple not fixed this ?

7. stevejones01 macrumors newbie

8. AceoStar macrumors newbie

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could confirm whether this is fixed in 7.1 or not.

9. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Fixed in 7.1b1

10. AceoStar macrumors newbie

That's the best news I've heard all day, thanks a ton for the confirmation! Has anyone else noticed the same, I'll be hedging a good bit on this one.

11. AceoStar macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, I installed 7.1b2 and this is broken again :( I'll try again when beta 3 drops.