iOS 7.0.3 "New" Reduce Motion

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dsiiist, Nov 3, 2013.

1. dsiiist macrumors regular

Yes or no, how are the cut animations working out for u guys or are u not even using this new feature ?

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I'm not using it, I like the animations, I just with they were a bit faster.

3. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

My only problem is that the folder animations are broken, I open a folder, then If I instantly scroll to the next page it scrolls me back a millisecond later, so basically I have to wait until the animation is fully complete and then scroll pages, the thing is, I have a 5S so this shouldn't be happening, until they fix this issue (which wasn't present in 7.0.2) I'm gonna keep reduce motion on

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

5. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

Reduce motion ?

6. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

It was present in iOS 7.0.2.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah. Isn't that what it does? Doesn't have all those jumpy animations?

I had mine turned on when I upgraded to begin with. :eek:

8. liteshow macrumors regular

Reduce motion works for me - no more zooming in an out that causes motion sickness when unlocking or opening/closing apps. However, they did not fix it for the multi-taking screen yet. Maybe next release.

9. RAPTORSKI macrumors regular

RAPTORSKI

Much faster and better on my iPad 2. Apple smoothed out quite a few things with iOS in 7.0.3.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

RM has a fading in//out effect instead of zoom

I kept mine normal, didn't see any real life improvements and I'm not a fan of fade effects, prefer zoom.

11. cole01 macrumors 6502

I've had reduce motion set to on for all of my iOS devices since 7.0.3 came out and I'm a big fan of the fade animations. It makes a big difference for me when unlocking my 5s with Touch ID as well as on my older iPads that are a bit slower. That small amount of time saved seems to make a big enough difference for me in day to day use.

12. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I've got Reduce Motion on. What bugs me is that opening the multitasking view still has that zoom-out animation. Sadly, I haven't seen anyone else on here complaining about it and if the macrumors community is any measure for generally liked and disliked features, then it'll probably never be changed. But, IMO, it's just very inconsistent across the OS now - fade out/in animations for almost everything except when you open the multitasking view.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

There is definitely that. Plus various movement like translations within the apps themselves (like going to different pages in settings or various other apps).

14. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

I use it on my ipad 3,animations were too choppy.

My iphone 5 is smooth with the animations.

15. dsiiist, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

It wasn't, on my 5S