ios 7.0.4 - safari and mail crash daily

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ghanwani, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

I have a new phone (about a month and a half old now), a 5s, and find that safari and mail crash daily. I have less of a problem with other apps like Yelp and LinkedIn, but I do see those crash as well.

Are other folks experiencing similar crashes?

This is definitely not up to expectations of Apple quality and I'm disappointed by it. My 3+ year old MacBook Pro almost never crashes/freezes.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The upcoming iOS 7.1 update should be making things somewhat better as far as stability (crashes, resprings, etc.) goes.

3. cynics macrumors G3

It's a very common occurrence. Like mentioned it's supposedly going to be fixed soon. We'll see...

4. ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies/confirmation. At least I know it's not a hardware issue.

5. mark5019 macrumors member

mark5019

6. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

I am not seeing any crashes in mail with 7.0.4

7. ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could it be that it is specifically related to gmail? That's what I use.

8. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Welcome to the iOS 7.0.xx blues. Crashes, resprings.... We're all crossing our fingers that 7.1 (coming soon to a phone near you!) fixes these bugs.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

10. Infinus.gold macrumors regular

Infinus.gold

Safari crash for me too.
    but...
    mail...
    not for me...

I have only 2 email accounts...

11. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Safari crashes constantly on our iPad Air and iPad Mini. Its completely and utterly cr@p, especially if you primarily use your tablet for browsing the web from the sofa while you watch tv etc. Friend of mine has one of those dirt cheap £79 android tablets and Im sad to say his browsing experience is miles better (aside from a smaller worse quality screen of course).

Right now Im really unhappy with the situation. Even when a fix does arrive it cant replace months of using the device in its current state. It cant even keep track of where you last were on a tab and has to reload it each time losing your position. Honestly feel like slamming the piece of junk into a wall. Apple for life.

12. cynics macrumors G3

I returned my Air to the Apple store. They wanted to replace it, I showed them the issue on the floor model using Apple.com none the less. I could tell they knew about the issue but weren't saying anything. I'm assuming they couldn't just tell me to wait for an update because that's admitting to a problem. They took it back.

I'm back on my iPad 3. Which is 'meh' but it's much more stable and I'm content with it. Once 7.1 comes out and if it fixes the problem I'll reconsider the Air but I just may way until the next iPad.

I'd suggest anyone return a product you find "defective". Money speaks volumes and will aid in improved QC/R&D.