IOS 7.02 - Can't connect to Personal hotspot

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by S team, Oct 4, 2013.

1. S team macrumors newbie

I'm having problem trying to connect via "personal hotspot" between my ipones, Ipad etc...

Any advice or is it an issue that Apple must resolve?:mad::confused::confused::confused::apple:

2. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

After you enable personal hotspot, stay at same possition, dont close settings or go back. You need to stay at same personal hotspot page to be discovered by other devices

3. ColdCase, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013

ColdCase macrumors 68030

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to personal hot spotting. I notice that when I connect my laptop or iPad to the iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.2 wifi hotspot and then break the connection at the device by putting the device to sleep or moving the phone out of wifi range, the devices fail to discover the hotspot and reconnect when waking up or back in range. The iPhone does not show up in the available networks list. I've been turning the iphone completely off and on and then the devices find the phone (sometimes after several seconds). I've tried the turn airplane mode on and off trick, doesn't work. It seems this trick of bringing up the settings screen turning hotspot off and on seems to bring things back.

What am I doing wrong, or is this just one of those bugs we deal with?

Again, from iPhone power up, for me there seem to be no need to loiter on the settings screen, just after breaking the connection.