IOS 7.1.1 and Godaddy IMAP on iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by James1970, May 7, 2014.

1. James1970 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I searched the entire forum but did not find an answer. In March when I signed up for IMAP business email on Godaddy for my domain, I was getting push notifications fine when I had my email configured on my iPhone 5s. Ever since I updated my iPhone iOS to 7.1.1 the only option available for my IMAP email is fetch and no push. My iCloud is pushing fine.

If anyone knows, is it an issue with iOs 7.1.1 that bricked the push email on Godaddy or is it something different on my device I am missing? Currently to work around it, I set the fetch to one hour instead of manual but the domain is for my business and some emails require urgent care.

Thanks for any reply.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

1. Have you tried to remove the account and re-add it?
    2. Is it possible Go daddy doesn't support push now though it did before?
    3. To confirm your conclusion can you try adding your go daddy e-mail to another iDevice that ISNT running 7.1.1?

P.S.

The word "brick", when used in reference to consumer electronics, describes an electronic device such as a smart phone, game console, router, or tablet computer that, due to a serious misconfiguration, corrupted firmware, or a hardware problem, can no longer function.

3. James1970 thread starter macrumors newbie

IOS 7.1.1 and Godaddy IMAP on iPhone 5s

Thanks for your response. I spent couple of hours troubleshooting this with Godaddy and they say 7.1.1 has an issue that broke the push for their IMAP email push. They don't know when Apple, according to them, will fix this in a future update. I have deleted and added the IMAP email account many times without any luck. Godaddy says the push is working fine on Android devices and Blackberry. They say only after 7.1.1 has this issue began occurring with iPhones not receiving push emails and the device recognizing IMAP as a fetch function. I don't have another device to test it.

This is frustrating.

4. GDKen macrumors newbie

GDKen

@James1970,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post. Are you continuing to have issues with your GoDaddy email on 7.1.1?

I curious which plan you are using with our email as we do not support PUSH for IMAP with our email plans. I would like to work with you further, do you mind following up with me via email with additional information about the issues you have been experiencing?