iOS 7.1.2 Activarion Bypass :@

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Samir9644, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samir9644 macrumors newbie

hey guys, my friend gave me an iphone, i need to bypass the activation lock, its factory restored, runing ios 7.1.2, i have tried all the tricks to bypass (glitches) but it didn't work.

is there any way to downgrade or bypass activation through a software or a hack using pc ?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No. That's the point of activation lock.

If it was your friend's phone, tell him to turn the lock off for you. If it wasn't your friend's phone, then tell him to return the phone to its rightful owner.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Looks like Apple continues to be on their game.
    On a helpful note: You answered your own question.

4. Samir9644 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your fast reply, let me correct my self, he didn't give me his iphone, he gave it for me just to fix it .

why can't i downgrade ? because i have no access to the restore button on itunes ?

PS: he tried to jailbrake it, but he forgot the apple ID and password, tried to restore, reached the activation lock.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

You need the Apple ID and password from the account it belongs to, no other way around it. And even if you could downgrade iOS, the Activation Lock will follow it.

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If he forgot his Apple ID password, tell him to call Apple, or go to an Apple store. With his information/ID, and his billing info, they can reset his password for him.

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

https://iforgot.apple.com

8. Samir9644 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks ;)

----------

alrready tried that, didn't work.
    one more question: iphone shows that the icloud ID is w*****@icloud.com, does the 5 stars/dots symbolize to 5 chars after "w" ?

9. chrfr macrumors 603

No.

10. Samir9644 thread starter macrumors newbie

good, he gave me an email, that starts with w. is there anyway to know if the email is correct ?

11. madsci954 macrumors 68030

That's your friend's Apple ID to enter in that link I posted. Have him enter that.

12. Samir9644 thread starter macrumors newbie

already tried that, he forgot the birth date he has entered, and can't see inbox of his email, forgot that too.... :eek: :eek:

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I love seeing threads like this because it shows that Activation Lock really does work when it's needed. A friend of mine lost her iPad this past weekend and went online and successfully put it into Lost Mode. It had been updated to 7.1.2 before it was lost, so at least we know that if it ever ends up with someone that tries to restore and/or sell it, they won't get anywhere with their attempts.

14. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief.

When buying a device from anyone other than a legitimate retailer (Apple, wireless service provider, or big box store), make the seller meet you at your wireless provider's store and stay with you through the activation process. That alone will scare off most ne'er-do-wells. Otherwise, you may be throwing your money into a black hole.

Caveat emptor.

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

riiiight

16. white4s macrumors 65816

so this dude forgot his apple id/password, his email, & his birthday?

17. Samir9644 thread starter macrumors newbie

looks like :cool:

nothing to do with his iPhone, i will return it to him, will tell him to contact Apple.

18. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Am I the only one getting more and more suspicious with each post from the OP?

19. 0928001 Suspended

This thread reeks of BS. Either you bought a stolen phone or stole it yourself. Activation Lock cannot be bypassed by anyone other than the original owner. I highly doubt you have a friend that forgot his birthday.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nothing fishy about that at all.

I think that iPhone may have fallen off the back of a truck as they say, and you're currently in possession of stolen property.

21. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Nope.

22. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I just don't believe what am I reading here. People asking how to bypass Activation Lock, iCloud......should be banned for life :mad:...especially those, who forgot their own birthday.

23. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

It's a stolen phone. Either he stole it or the "friend" stole it. Nothing new to see here. :cool:

If it really is your friend's phone and he really has "forgotten" everything maybe he should have his noggin examined for his lack of memory.

24. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Since this person seems to forget everything, just don't bring it up for a while and he will forget about the iPhone altogether.

25. white4s macrumors 65816

yea nothing to do with "his" iphone cause clearly it's not his

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.