iOS 7.1.2 Activarion Bypass :@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samir9644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
hey guys, my friend gave me an iphone, i need to bypass the activation lock, its factory restored, runing ios 7.1.2, i have tried all the tricks to bypass (glitches) but it didn't work.

is there any way to downgrade or bypass activation through a software or a hack using pc ?

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
No. That's the point of activation lock.

If it was your friend's phone, tell him to turn the lock off for you. If it wasn't your friend's phone, then tell him to return the phone to its rightful owner.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
hey guys, my friend gave me an iphone, i need to bypass the activation lock, its factory restored, runing ios 7.1.2, i have tried all the tricks to bypass (glitches) but it didn't work.

is there any way to downgrade or bypass activation through a software or a hack using pc ?
Looks like Apple continues to be on their game.
On a helpful note: You answered your own question.

Samir9644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014

If it was your friend's phone, tell him to turn the lock off for you. If it wasn't your friend's phone, then tell him to return the phone to its rightful owner.
thanks for your fast reply, let me correct my self, he didn't give me his iphone, he gave it for me just to fix it .

why can't i downgrade ? because i have no access to the restore button on itunes ?

PS: he tried to jailbrake it, but he forgot the apple ID and password, tried to restore, reached the activation lock.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
You need the Apple ID and password from the account it belongs to, no other way around it. And even if you could downgrade iOS, the Activation Lock will follow it.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
thanks for your fast reply, let me correct my self, he didn't give me his iphone, he gave it for me just to fix it .

why can't i downgrade ? because i have no access to the restore button on itunes ?

PS: he tried to jailbrake it, but he forgot the apple ID and password, tried to restore, reached the activation lock.
If he forgot his Apple ID password, tell him to call Apple, or go to an Apple store. With his information/ID, and his billing info, they can reset his password for him.

Samir9644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
If he forgot his Apple ID password, tell him to call Apple, or go to an Apple store. With his information/ID, and his billing info, they can reset his password for him.
You need the Apple ID and password from the account it belongs to, no other way around it. And even if you could downgrade iOS, the Activation Lock will follow it.
ok thanks ;)

----------

alrready tried that, didn't work.
one more question: iphone shows that the icloud ID is w*****@icloud.com, does the 5 stars/dots symbolize to 5 chars after "w" ?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
alrready tried that, didn't work.
one more question: iphone shows that the icloud ID is w*****@icloud.com, does the 5 stars/dots symbolize to 5 chars after "w" ?
That's your friend's Apple ID to enter in that link I posted. Have him enter that.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Texas
I love seeing threads like this because it shows that Activation Lock really does work when it's needed. A friend of mine lost her iPad this past weekend and went online and successfully put it into Lost Mode. It had been updated to 7.1.2 before it was lost, so at least we know that if it ever ends up with someone that tries to restore and/or sell it, they won't get anywhere with their attempts.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief.

When buying a device from anyone other than a legitimate retailer (Apple, wireless service provider, or big box store), make the seller meet you at your wireless provider's store and stay with you through the activation process. That alone will scare off most ne'er-do-wells. Otherwise, you may be throwing your money into a black hole.

Caveat emptor.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
This thread reeks of BS. Either you bought a stolen phone or stole it yourself. Activation Lock cannot be bypassed by anyone other than the original owner. I highly doubt you have a friend that forgot his birthday.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
I just don't believe what am I reading here. People asking how to bypass Activation Lock, iCloud......should be banned for life :mad:...especially those, who forgot their own birthday.

kupkakez

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
It's a stolen phone. Either he stole it or the "friend" stole it. Nothing new to see here. :cool:

If it really is your friend's phone and he really has "forgotten" everything maybe he should have his noggin examined for his lack of memory.

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Since this person seems to forget everything, just don't bring it up for a while and he will forget about the iPhone altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.