iOS 7.1.2 iPhone call waiting glitch (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kjos, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Kjos macrumors member

With iOS 7.1.2 they changed the buttons to hold a call while you are already on the call with someone. If someone with a iPhone iOS 7.1.2 on Verizon can confirm this also in the comments that would be amazing.

The steps:

Be in a call with someone, then have another phone call you, and try to end the call with the current person and answer the other person, its the button at the bottom left of the screen. It pops up when the second person calls you.

Please tell me if it hangs up on both of the calls, this is the problem that is happening to me, tested it on a friends device and it is glitched on his too.

If anyone could confirm this that would be amazing! Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe they just changed the button icons but not the actual functionality behind them.

If you select to end the call what will happen is that the call you are on will end and you will be taken to the previous screen you were on, as if you normally ended the call. However, since you have a call waiting, you'll quickly get that call coming through as basically a new call that you could than answer or ignore, again, as if you just would normally be getting a call.

Some more information about this at https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/611070#611070

3. I7guy macrumors G5

I verified what you asserted. Getting another call while you are on a call and pressing the 'end call' button, will in fact end both calls. This happens either locked or unlocked.

Accepting and holding the call seems to work fine.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

After you end the call, and it looks like all calls ended, if you wait for 10 or so seconds, does other call come through at that point (as a new call essentially)?

5. I7guy macrumors G5

It doesn't seem to as the calling phone loses the connection.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Odd. When I've done that the calling phone countinues calling which then comes in and can be answered.

7. I7guy, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

I7guy macrumors G5

Hmm. When I get home tonight, I'll try again.

To close the loop, I tried again using the above scenario and the second call eventually through. didnt wait long enough in my first attempts. thanks for pointing that out.