iOS 7.1.2 update problem - logo frozen on screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sakau2007, Aug 22, 2014.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

Tried to update to 7.1.2. I shouldn't have. Now the Apple logo is frozen on my screen at a low brightness level with a progress bar about 5-10% of the way done. I can't "hold the home key and lock key for a few seconds" because my lock key on my iPhone 5 does not work.

I got on iTunes to restore from backup. I back up my phone to the cloud daily, and iTunes sees my last backup was at 1am, but when I click restore, my only option is restore from the last time I backed up to the computer which was November 2012 and completely unacceptable.

What do I do? And why would Apple release an update that has this known issue. This is very un-Apple like.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

How about restore as new, then restore from icloud backup?

3. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have not yet tried this because I am scared to wipe it clean if for some reason I am unable to restore from the cloud backup. There are some sensitive items that I need to retain if at all possible. If I am at a dead end though...

4. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Did you back up your iPhone as suggested by Apple before doing the update to the OS?

5. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

I just had that issue today too, but I updated to 7.1.2 via iTunes, but after it updated the software it gave me error 3014 and then the progress bar froze, had to do a DFU - restore to fix this.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm gonna go with, "Yes".

7. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Oh, thanks. Sorry for missing that.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I had this issue with one of iPhones when update. I basically forced a shutdown and it reboot to the new OS without any issues.

I'm not sure what stage your phone is in? Of course with a broken lock button it can be an issue to diagnose. Have you attempted to fix this button yourself?

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

:) At the time I thought that was a funny response, but now a few days later it seems kind of snarky. Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended but poorly executed.

10. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

It's good.